Brechin vs Pars - Return of the Hedge

No doubt my favorite away game and with the pars putting 3 past St Mirren we will be going up to Glebe Park full of confidence but I think we will have to be just as good as we were yesterday to get the full three points from Brechin who will be stuffy and have given the established championship sides a scare. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I'll be heading to Glebe Park. Get to take in that glorious hedge. I'm a connoisseur of bushes myself.

I presume Brechin will set up so they'll be hard to beat. We just need to keep hitting teams in the final third and we're always likely to score a good few goals. Going for 3-0 to the Pars. 

We ve even opened a bar under the stand for you guys now [emoji1] .Looking forward to it hopeful you guys bring a huge crowd and create an atmosphere ..
We ll be set up too still be in the game at half time then have a go 2nd half ..But if we re 2 down by half time then it ll be 5 or 6 I'd guess .
No segregation so get plenty banter as well. Go easy on us though we relegated The Rovers for yous [emoji87]

Bit wary of this. Games like this are probably easier for Dods' Brechin to prepare for than some. They know what to expect from us. There's no pressure on the players. It's bottom v top. Part timers v full timers. A glance at the goal difference charts should be enough to warn Brechin to not give us space, frustrate us and don't get caught on the break. We look deadly when other teams get a corner.  

Talk before St Mirren game was of our counterattacking but we manged to play through St Mirren (thanks to some honking defending) and also scored from a corner so the threat is varied. 

4 hours ago, Sursum Semper said:

......... and the lentil soup is to die for.

Stuff girls would say (apologies if you are indeed a girl.)
Can't think of any food I'd be happy to pop my clogs for.   :huh:

Is "Amigos" in Brechin still open or has it since become sumhink else?

We ve even opened a bar under the stand for you guys now [emoji1] .Looking forward to it hopeful you guys bring a huge crowd and create an atmosphere ..
We ll be set up too still be in the game at half time then have a go 2nd half ..But if we re 2 down by half time then it ll be 5 or 6 I'd guess .
No segregation so get plenty banter as well. Go easy on us though we relegated The Rovers for yous [emoji87]

Should get a fair amount of Pars fans through tbh, we're playing some excellent stuff and after the St Mirren game you'd be mental to not go on Saturday.

20 hours ago, smpar said:

Should get a fair amount of Pars fans through tbh, we're playing some excellent stuff and after the St Mirren game you'd be mental to not go on Saturday.

I'm not going on Saturday. Been to Glebe Park often enough though and it's a great place to watch football. Funny game football. On Saturday against St Mirren you'd wonder how any team can stop us, yet the same team scraped a draw at Livi and chucked a 2-0 lead at Morton. 

If Cardle has a torn hamstring then that could be from a couple of weeks to a couple of months out so I'd expect it will be same starting 11 except Hopkirk in for Cardle. 

I get the trepidation in a way, if only because Pars fans are miserable hoors. But come on. The leagues top scorers by a distance, with the second best defence (the 3 shipped at Morton count for half of those) up against the leagues joint worst defence and 9th best attack.

Pars minus 3 for this one.

On 9/18/2017 at 09:58, CITY1974 said:

We ve even opened a bar under the stand for you guys now emoji1.png .Looking forward to it hopeful you guys bring a huge crowd and create an atmosphere ..
No segregation so get plenty banter as well. Go easy on us though we relegated The Rovers for yous emoji87.png

I hope you give your hero M'Voto a seat of honour in the stand

3 minutes ago, 'Steve said:

How many Pars fans would you expect to travel up, around 1000 or is that optimistic?

Might be a bit optimistic there. You never know, but I'd have said 750 max. 

Football was the winner that day nought to do we The Big Fellas nightmare [emoji85] .I'll buy him as much soup as he likes ..
Imagine having a travelling support of 750 ha just shows you how big a club you can be !! What's population of Dunfermline?
I said earlier if we re still in game at half time anything can happen. Always goals in our games we you guys ( even from us [emoji1] at times ) .

35 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Football was the winner that day nought to do we The Big Fellas nightmare emoji85.png .I'll buy him as much soup as he likes ..
Imagine having a travelling support of 750 ha just shows you how big a club you can be !! What's population of Dunfermline?
I said earlier if we re still in game at half time anything can happen. Always goals in our games we you guys ( even from us emoji1.png at times ) .

Population is just over 50,000 I think. In terms of goals I've never been disappointed in my visits to the Glebe, with the two most memorable being when we chucked away a 0-2 lead and when we delivered a 1-6 pumping.

3 hours ago, Astro said:

I get the trepidation in a way, if only because Pars fans are miserable hoors. But come on. The leagues top scorers by a distance, with the second best defence (the 3 shipped at Morton count for half of those) up against the leagues joint worst defence and 9th best attack.

Pars minus 3 for this one.

You're going to look very silly when we draw 1-1. 

3 hours ago, 'Steve said:

How many Pars fans would you expect to travel up, around 1000 or is that optimistic?

Could be anything between 700-1000 IMO. 

Archived