St Mirren vs Queen of the South

7 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Kane was just in the box when the contact was made 100% a pen.

I was in danger of getting mildly interested at the point where I thought we were getting a penalty, but replays showed that the ref got it right.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are again starting to lose games we should win  
St Mirren never at any time put us under pressure
Martin was very poor again think he had 4 shots to save saved 1 .Samson made a few good saves just done his job.
Not getting the breaks just now.
Lyle looked to have scored a good goal for me looked onside .
McFadden is sadly done his corners and that shot at the end were very poor he was worth a gamble  signing him but nowhere near good enough .

Never a penalty contact was made outside the box there for free kick was correct decision

McFadden is sadly done his corners and that shot at the end were very poor he was worth a gamble  signing him but nowhere near good enough .

Not sure I see how McFadden was "worth a gamble" when he was finished with us a few years ago and had barely played since.

57 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Need to get defence settled disappointed so far in the new Goalkeeper and we are desperately need a ball playing midfielder!

How can Kane Martin and Stirling look so good playing for Dumbarton yet when they sign for Queens they all look poor.

Best goalkeeper in the league will be disappointed, but apart from conceding a softish goal Samson played pretty well.

Both Smiths played well I thought, and obviously a player of Morgan's standard can always turn a game at this level. Makeshift defence did ok, though I feared for Stelios when he got booked early. Surprised Queens didn't get into him a bit more after that. Reilly worked really hard and made life difficult for the Queen's defence. He's much stronger than he looks. Gutted for Todd, he really put in a shift today and was staking a claim for a start. Hope it's not a bad one. All in all, a good days work. Just need to work on the away form now.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure I see how McFadden was "worth a gamble" when he was finished with us a few years ago and had barely played since.

Yes, it's nearly three years since you visited Palmerston as Scottish Cup holders.  He was clearly spent then.

Make shift defence have to be happy. 3 goals up Jack changed the tactics taking off forwards rightly. Played deeper in the second half due to changes. QOS are not a bad team so to get three goals with 4 automatic first team players out is great. We are going to get stronger in the next 4 weeks. Jack Ross has marked 21 points for the first quarter that is achievable so to go into the second quarter with key players back is brilliant bring it on. 

Martin was very poor again think he had 4 shots to save saved 1 .Samson made a few good saves just done his job.

Don't be silly , you were never winning that today , Dobbie apart , you don't have one player that would get into the St Mirren side , and we have five first picks missing. Btw , I was in row E1 in the main stand , right in line with with Lyle and he was 2 yards off .

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Don't be silly , you were never winning that today , Dobbie apart , you don't have one player that would get into the St Mirren side , and we have five first picks missing. Btw , I was in row E1 in the main stand , right in line with with Lyle and he was 2 yards off .

Every club has them Billy blue and white specs. It was a professional performance damage done protect what you have. Best team we have played is Dunfermline looking forward to playing them at home with a full strength team hopfully. 

Even if I wasn't a Queens fan, I'm not sure I'd enjoy seeing McFadden shambling around like that.
He's obviously deadly at u20 level, the one at which Celtic's team gets murdered by Annan.

Yes but there were a lot of P and B posters who were delighted to get Faddy. I could understand it if we were in Div 2 and he might just do a turn but honestly that signing was a major gaff and the BOD should have said a firm NO.

It has been obvious to all and sundry that we desperately need a midfield playmaker and with every passing week that weakness gets more and more acute. Sadly any lingering cash that might have been available has surely been spent.

Next week is now a massive game as another defeat will see distress signals going up as all the great early attacking momentum will have been lost.

The most disappointing things today were:-

- the fact that Manager didn't set the team up to go all out for a win especially as they had a makeshift defence

- the performance of our goalkeeper

Why does dykes play out wide ahead of a natural winger like Stirling?

Why were we so negative playing two defenders down one side and a big striker down the other,ffs Naismith not this again,We should be attacking teams what's the worst that can happen 

Thought Kerr done good Again today

Our defence was fine I thought,Attack is one of best in league but midfield we have two hard tacklers,desperately needed a ball player midfielder in summer

Think you need to put your specs back on.

We were very poor first half in particular where the pace and movement of Morgan, Reilly and Smith caused us all sorts of problems. As for Martin, what the hell was he doing with their first. Leighfield must start next week.

Sad to say Faddy is done as a footballer, good in his day but not now.

Morgan is a very good prospect, hopefully he moves on in the January window.

Archived