St Mirren vs Queen of the South

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Well that was grim. No doubt some will say we pressed more towards the end but in all honesty St Mirren saw that out pretty comfortably. Couple of routine (assuming the keeper isn`t Martin) saves for Samson but we never really looked like getting back into it in all honesty.

Yes, exactly.   

We could maybe claim to be the better side during much of  the second half, but it's redundant when by that time, the game had been won.  

Poor stuff.  We had a gentle start, but in these tougher recent fixtures, we've come up short.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, exactly.   

We could maybe claim to be the better side during much of  second half, but it's redundant when by that time, the game had been won.  

Poor stuff.  We had a gentle start, but in these tougher recent fixtures, we've come up short.

1 point from 4 games against the teams above us. Keep that up and there will be even more teams above us.

Decent response to last week. Don't think we played particularly well but result was never really in doubt after we got the 2nd goal.

Looking like we will be there or thereabouts at the top come the end of the first quarter and given we still have a few key players to come back in the next couple of weeks  things are going well. 

Reckon we will be back on top of the pile next week when dunfermline and United play out a draw and we take 4 off Brechin. 

We didn’t capitulate after the third which i’m fully aware was as much to do with our hosts than anything we did. I’m going to take it as a positive anyway because as soon we lose our fight we’ll be in trouble. We’re a limited side with glaring weaknesses but today the way we were setup as good as cost us the match before a ball was kicked. The players have my sympathy to an extent.

The result will be probably be attributed to Morgan being the difference, but in truth it was much more than that.

He was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park today though. Using the Quitongo calculater used earlier in the thread I can see him moving for £10 million.

Liam Smith was fantastic today, thought he could have edged MOTM ahead of Morgan. The defence was odd, the left side of Stelios and McCart looked really flappy but Baird and Smith were solid. That was McGinn's best game in a long time too, proper commanding captain's shift.

Highlight of the day though was McFadden :lol:

I know that BBC stats generally need taken with a mine of salt, but they're saying that St Mirren only had four shots on target.  It really does seem, as Flash says, that goalward shots tend to be goals.

I'd be more inclined to fault the defenders for the two long range efforts to be honest, but it is a real concern now.

There's no doubt that Robinson had become something of a liability, but he did also make good saves at times.

Really disappointing game. Bit odd to start - didnt feel like we deserved to be 2 down but by the time it was 3 it felt like it should have been about 5. Martin does not look a Championship quality keeper. 10/10 for whoever his agent is- done us good and proper. Likewise Faddy - really powder puff. But the whole team seemed to lack guile today. I can’t be alone in thinking Rankin needs replaced by someone who can play the game.
On the plus side thought Kane was starting to shape up.

Good result. We took our chances for once despite not being totally dominant. Queens played a long ball game looking for knock downs and free kicks. Did put our defence under a bit of pressure. My highlight of the day was McFadden. Tremendous cameo [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

11 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Martin nowhere near fit enough , definitely fat enough .
Lyndon Dykes offered the square root of zero today and McFadden was absolutely rotten when we came on , he’s finished

Even if I wasn't a Queens fan, I'm not sure I'd enjoy seeing McFadden shambling around like that.

He's obviously deadly at u20 level, the one at which Celtic's team gets murdered by Annan.

We are again starting to lose games we should win  

St Mirren never at any time put us under pressure

Martin was very poor again think he had 4 shots to save saved 1 .Samson made a few good saves just done his job.

Not getting the breaks just now.

Lyle looked to have scored a good goal for me looked onside .

Kane was just in the box when the contact was made 100% a pen.

McFadden is sadly done his corners and that shot at the end were very poor he was worth a gamble  signing him but nowhere near good enough .

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I know that BBC stats generally need taken with a mine of salt, but they're saying that St Mirren only had four shots on target.  It really does seem, as Flash says, that goalward shots tend to be goals.

I'd be more inclined to fault the defenders for the two long range efforts to be honest, but it is a real concern now.

There's no doubt that Robinson had become something of a liability, but he did also make good saves at times.

SPFL site is clearly more reliable, they had 7 shots and managed to get 9 on target.

Wait a minute...

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We are again starting to lose games we should win  

St Mirren never at any time put us under pressure

Martin was very poor again think he had 4 shots to save saved 1 .Samson made a few good saves just done his job.

Not getting the breaks just now.

Lyle looked to have scored a good goal for me looked onside .

Kane was just in the box when the contact was made 100% a pen.

McFadden is sadly done his corners and that shot at the end were very poor he was worth a gamble  signing him but nowhere near good enough .

:lol:

Archived