St Mirren vs Queen of the South

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unable to defend crosses as usual. Do we have a midfield today? Game has totally bypassed them. No idea what Rooney is supposed to be doing and the only player who's regularly taken the ball down and looked for a pass is Lyle. I'd kill for a midfielder with that kind of brain!

What's worse is St Mirren look utterly dreadful at the back.

Unable to defend crosses as usual. Do we have a midfield today? Game has totally bypassed them. No idea what Rooney is supposed to be doing and the only player who's regularly taken the ball down and looked for a pass is Lyle. I'd kill for a midfielder with that kind of brain!

To answer your question, no. We have a full back on one side and a forward on the other.

Unhappy with dicking about with the defence he has now dicked about with the whole system.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We are way short of quality in midfield. Playing a full back wide right isn`t going to help that.

Well we have really run this makeshift back four a merry dance!!! NOT

Sadly our manager is reverting to type - team set up to try and avoid defeat. Double banking on the right with two full backs and Dykes wide left.........did he honestly not see enough of Dykes last year to know that he isn't comfortable there.

Changes required now and if we are not careful we will start to replicate the awful performances of last season.

Come on Naysmith believe in your players and go into these games to win.

HT 2-0

Scrappy opening and scrappy first goal from Cammy.  Since then we have been well in control though.

Morgan lit up the game yet again with his second, magnificent finish from the edge of the box.

Keep playing like that second half and it should be another comfortable 3 points in Paisley. 

Unbelievable that he’s not changed it tbh.

Why do we always get landed with managers who insist on putting square pegs in round holes? By my reckoning we have one player out injured but three players out of position.

This is a depleted St Mirren side and I doubt they have as many.

Archived