St Mirren vs Queen of the South

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/09/2017 at 10:36, Cowshed said:

The thing Morton should really focus on over a Quitongo transfer is the sell-on clause. Obviously there's a lot of risk in that because if he was going to say, an English Championship club he could get injured or might not cope at that level then return to Scotland on a free transfer etc, but with the kind of transfer fees being flung around at that level now it's a risk we should take.

If we were given a choice between, for example £250K with a 20% sell-on clause or £500K with no sell-on clause, I'd be taking the smaller sum of money up front in the knowledge that if he did do well at that level, his next move would be for millions. I'm by no means saying he is guaranteed to be a success at that level, but that's a decision the board are more than likely going to have to make soon. If it's Swansea we should ask for £8M with a 75% sell-on clause, considering how much Falkirk have managed to swindle out of them.

Came in here to discuss the game while watching so sorry for returning to the Quitongo discussion, but this is word for word what I posted on the Morton forum three days before this post was made. Wha's in cherge here, Cowshed?

Archived