St Mirren vs Queen of the South

6 hours ago, smpar said:

St Mirren's only trick seemed to be to pass the ball to Morgan and hope he can beat 7 opposition players and the goalkeeper.

Keep him quiet and you'll be fine. 

It's all we tried to do against Dunfermline but we have much more in our locker. 

Cammy Smith is more than capable of influencing games in the same way Morgan does, it's just a shame he was posted missing last week but can't fault the guy in his time with us.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, smpar said:

St Mirren's only trick seemed to be to pass the ball to Morgan and hope he can beat 7 opposition players and the goalkeeper.

Keep him quiet and you'll be fine. 

There is far more to us than that bottom line is we were completely rubbish we did not turn up. Once we are back to a  full squad we will do well. Until then i hope we can keep up with the pack. Its not as if Dunfermline are 9 points clear you are one point in front of us which is not bad when we have three key players out now made worse by two more players out suspended. Thats a quarter of first team players which will make the QOS game hard. However we have a great home record. 

I know the emergency loan system is open to every club if you qualify to use it,  but being short of players because they are suspended shouldn't be considered as grounds to bring in emergency loans.  If you have a sufficient number of players injured,  and I assume proof of that is required,  then no problem but not as cover for suspended players.  I don't know the criteria,  maybe suspended players don't count in applying for this type of loan.  I'm not having a pop at St. Mirren,  every club would take advantage of the rule, plus I'm getting my moan in early in anticipation of this replacement player playing a blinder,  which is probably inevitable. 

18 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I know the emergency loan system is open to every club if you qualify to use it,  but being short of players because they are suspended shouldn't be considered as grounds to bring in emergency loans.  If you have a sufficient number of players injured,  and I assume proof of that is required,  then no problem but not as cover for suspended players.  I don't know the criteria,  maybe suspended players don't count in applying for this type of loan.  I'm not having a pop at St. Mirren,  every club would take advantage of the rule, plus I'm getting my moan in early in anticipation of this replacement player playing a blinder,  which is probably inevitable. 

On 9/19/2017 at 10:28, Skyline Drifter said:

You can take an emergency loan from another SPFL club for a minimum of 28 days and maximum of 93 days. You could get one any time you like as long as you haven't already used all your allowable loans for the year (which you clearly haven't). Despite the name there's no need to prove any genuine "emergency".

This is the final season for emergency loans. This time next year you won't be allowed them.

As SD said earlier in the thread there is no requirement to prove any "emergency" to get an emergency loan. It`s a misnomer. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I agree with you. Would not be over the moom if it was the opposition with  2 defenders suspended. Not sure if Smith is still iinjured Davis and Gary Mac are. If they three are injured we would have to bring in a player from another position. Red card is a punishment to player and club, hell knows the rules but if the SFA are behind it then anything is possible with that shower of so and so's. Still think you huys are in with a shout. 

47 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Apart from the fact that Whyte is a right back in JR's plans.

The tweet is wholly accurate.

Darren is a central midfielder equally comfortable at centre half.

JR admitted at the Q&A recently that he hung him out to dry playing him out of position on his debut, but I still find it quite confusing as to why we’ve let him go. Even with McCart signing and Whyte capabale of filling in at CB,  we’re still short on that area for the next few weeks.

Bizarre series of events, but I think McCart could be a decent short term signing for us.

Dobbie and Del up against a makeshift defense including a young guy who's only been at the club a day, should be entertaining. 

Won't make any difference , Baird and Buchanan didn't look like they'd met each other before at Dunfermline.

10 hours ago, RossC93 said:

Darren is a central midfielder equally comfortable at centre half.

JR admitted at the Q&A recently that he hung him out to dry playing him out of position on his debut, but I still find it quite confusing as to why we’ve let him go. Even with McCart signing and Whyte capabale of filling in at CB,  we’re still short on that area for the next few weeks.

Bizarre series of events, but I think McCart could be a decent short term signing for us.

He may well have been, but JR has had him in his plans as playing at right back.

Any time I saw him playing last season for the U-20's, was selected at central midfield.

He may be able to play at CH, but so could John Sutton.;)

FWIW, I'm not a huge fan of the "emergency" loan, but why not use it if it's there?

I'm glad it's going next season.

11 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Queens got to go attack the buddies much changed defence the morra, get a win and leapfrog them into 3rd spot.

While the defence worries me we have a very good midfield and forward line. Problem is they were missing last week so will want to see the kind of reaction we seen after the Morton game destroying Dundee United. 

Archived