St Mirren vs Queen of the South

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've no clue on finances tbh. SD will know a lot more, but I'm sure Morton will have to get a development fee either way. I can't see any club paying a 6 figure transfer fee for a 20 year old playing in Scotland's second tier though. When is his contract up out of interest?

We knocked back £100k last summer from Doncaster. I'd be surprised yet delighted if we got near £250k though. 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far in the league this season, Dobbie has only scored against Falkirk. Hope he starts scoring more consistently.

As for the game, if we play the same team as Saturday, St.Mirren will win if they attack with pace down our right and get lots of shots on target that are more than an arm's length from the goalie. Hopefully we don't see Fordyce at RB or McFadden wide right at any stage. And if Martin is in the same nick as Saturday, he shouldn't even be on the bench. It is liable to tip up unless he sits in the middle.

Any chance Scott Mercer will be playing? Morgan absolutely owned him in the second game at Palmerston last season. Reminiscent of Craig Dargo against Josh Thompson the night we battered Celtic.

Any chance Scott Mercer will be playing? Morgan absolutely owned him in the second game at Palmerston last season. Reminiscent of Craig Dargo against Josh Thompson the night we battered Celtic.

Given we've played a CB at RB ahead of him a couple of times I'd say there's no chance. Thankfully.

Was someone looking for a free ticket for Sunday,my wife is usually my carer,but she has had an accident 

I am ambulant disabled and just need someone with me at the game,my balance is sometimes funny,that's al

any reasonably sensible person can have my carer ticket for the foreseeable future :thumsup2

Just now, Young gun said:

Was someone looking for a free ticket for Sunday,my wife is usually my carer,but she has had an accident 

I am ambulant disabled and just need someone with me at the game,my balance is sometimes funny,that's al

any reasonably sensible person can have my carer ticket for the foreseeable future :thumsup2

Hope your wife is ok mate.

9 minutes ago, Young gun said:

You've come to the wrong place to look for a reasonably sensible person.  Seriously,  hope someone takes you up on the offer. 

30 minutes ago, Stu said:

From being one of  Naysmith's first signings and supposedly the answer to problems in our right back position,  Mercer has gone right down the pecking order and it's no coincidence that it started after the game you mention. He dropped out of the team,  we moved our best midfielder at the time to right-back,  effectively weakening two positions.  Mercer came back into the team to cover when our left-back was injured but he has never been a regular starter since.  He has mostly been occupying a seat on the bench this season,  we brought in another right-back, Rooney,  and Fordyce our CH has also been playing there so Mercer is effectively 3rd choice and even that's not guaranteed. Chances of him starting on Sunday are very slim I would guess. (hope) 

That's disappointing as he looked totally out of his depth, although I thought he'd been playing leftback before moving to Queens. If only you had an experienced fullback on the coaching staff who could help him work on his game.

14 hours ago, Stu said:

That's disappointing as he looked totally out of his depth, although I thought he'd been playing leftback before moving to Queens. If only you had an experienced fullback on the coaching staff who could help him work on his game.

That final point has been mentioned by fans a few times tbh.  He probably looked decent a division below but unfortunately hasn't made a successful step up.  Having said that,  and in his defence,  not many defenders in this division could have (fairly) dealt with Morgan in that form. 

Archived