Lets talk about petrol stations!

PB 4.2

petrol station etiquette  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PB 4.2 said:

I've always considered the petrol station ( never 'gas' station) as a kinda church for the car enthusiast.   Somewhere free of cyclists, where you can top up your tank and dream about the open road and how many miles of pleasure you're buying.   

Generally speaking, you encounter a better class of person at a petrol station but occasionally some selfish rogue spoils the ambience, sadly this happened to me today.    Picture the scene, I'm returning back to the Ceed with a 250ml bottle of Irn Bru, some Golden Wonder ( salt n vinegar), and a Chomp, when some arsehole driving a caravanette shaves past my vehicle to use the further forward pump.   Then - and I'm positively boiling by this point - he makes use of the extra long hoses to reach his offside petrol cap.   Standing in a way that's blocking my save exit from the station.   Naturally, I edged up really close to him positioning my bumper about 1 metre away, but I made sure all doors were locked because I wasn't seeking a physical alteration, and he looked considerably stronger.   My smart positioning meant that after fueling he was forced into walking around the front of his monstrosity and I manoeuvred the Ceed past his vehicle and onto the open road.    

I like the halfwits who wait for pump thats free to suit the side of there car that the petrol cap is on and look at you in amazement when the hose actually stretches out when you jump the queue and start filling your car up

2 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

I've always considered the petrol station ( never 'gas' station) as a kinda church for the car enthusiast.   Somewhere free of cyclists, where you can top up your tank and dream about the open road and how many miles of pleasure you're buying.   

Generally speaking, you encounter a better class of person at a petrol station but occasionally some selfish rogue spoils the ambience, sadly this happened to me today.    Picture the scene, I'm returning back to the Ceed with a 250ml bottle of Irn Bru, some Golden Wonder ( salt n vinegar), and a Chomp, when some arsehole driving a caravanette shaves past my vehicle to use the further forward pump.   Then - and I'm positively boiling by this point - he makes use of the extra long hoses to reach his offside petrol cap.   Standing in a way that's blocking my save exit from the station.   Naturally, I edged up really close to him positioning my bumper about 1 metre away, but I made sure all doors were locked because I wasn't seeking a physical alteration, and he looked considerably stronger.   My smart positioning meant that after fueling he was forced into walking around the front of his monstrosity and I manoeuvred the Ceed past his vehicle and onto the open road.    

What's your opinion of Bullionfield?

To me it's up there with the very best. All the positive amenities of a small service station and none of the negative (too big, slot machines, burger king)

It's also the comfort of knowing you are back in Perthshire from a north eastern raiding excursion.

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

I wonder how much a caravan costs for the average owner per holiday, by the time you take into account insurance, maintenance costs, site costs etc on top of the purchase price of them.

Never seen the point in them tbh, I recall my next door neighbour dragging his poor kids all over the country to justify its existence and the poor b*****ds spending their time hiding from the rain at some awful hellhole.

On average it's around £30 a night, but for £30 a year you can join the caravan and camping club then it costs less than £20 a night on their sites. Insurance is around £80  HTH 

44 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I like the halfwits who wait for pump thats free to suit the side of there car that the petrol cap is on and look at you in amazement when the hose actually stretches out when you jump the queue and start filling your car up

This is my favourite petrol station pastime. 

On a similar theme. The c***s that don't actually pick a pump to queue at but instead wait in no man's land waiting for a pump to become available leading to the queue backing up onto the main road.

Archived