Lets talk about petrol stations!

PB 4.2

petrol station etiquette  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've always considered the petrol station ( never 'gas' station) as a kinda church for the car enthusiast.   Somewhere free of cyclists, where you can top up your tank and dream about the open road and how many miles of pleasure you're buying.   

Generally speaking, you encounter a better class of person at a petrol station but occasionally some selfish rogue spoils the ambience, sadly this happened to me today.    Picture the scene, I'm returning back to the Ceed with a 250ml bottle of Irn Bru, some Golden Wonder ( salt n vinegar), and a Chomp, when some arsehole driving a caravanette shaves past my vehicle to use the further forward pump.   Then - and I'm positively boiling by this point - he makes use of the extra long hoses to reach his offside petrol cap.   Standing in a way that's blocking my save exit from the station.   Naturally, I edged up really close to him positioning my bumper about 1 metre away, but I made sure all doors were locked because I wasn't seeking a physical alteration, and he looked considerably stronger.   My smart positioning meant that after fueling he was forced into walking around the front of his monstrosity and I manoeuvred the Ceed past his vehicle and onto the open road.    

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

I've always considered the petrol station ( never 'gas' station) as a kinda church for the car enthusiast.   Somewhere free of cyclists, where you can top up your tank and dream about the open road and how many miles of pleasure you're buying.   

Generally speaking, you encounter a better class of person at a petrol station but occasionally some selfish rouge spoils the ambience, sadly this happened to me today.    Picture the scene, I'm returning back to the Ceed with a 250ml bottle of Irn Bru, some Golden Wonder ( salt n vinegar), and a Chomp, when some arsehole driving a caravanette shaves past my vehicle to use the further forward pump.   Then - and I'm positively boiling by this point - he makes use of the extra long hoses to reach his offside petrol cap.   Standing in a way that's blocking my save exit from the station.   Naturally, I edged up really close to him positioning my bumper about 1 metre away, but I made sure all doors were locked because I wasn't seeking a physical alteration, and he looked considerably stronger.   My smart positioning meant that after fueling he was forced into walking around the front of his monstrosity and I manoeuvred the Ceed past his vehicle and onto the open road.    

You're above minor irks like this. You live in Perthshire FFS. 

6 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

For some reason the upgrade seems to have kicked out his account, but it isn't showing up as banned.

Petrol stations can be an  irritating place to be depending on who you get stuck behind.  We must have all been stuck behind that idiot that seems to take a fortnight to actually fill their car  (usually a wee car) then take an age to find their purse/wallet and actually pay.  Furthermore once they get back to the car they take an age to actually move.   

I also like to peruse the shop for a while personally........

9 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Caravan owners should be run off the road, their sole purpose is to agitate other drivers and delay essential car trips so they can take their potting shed on holiday.

My folks drive a camper van and they refer to people who drive with a caravan attached to their cars as tuggers. 

Just now, Bobby Skidmarks said:

We used to call thin blokes who scored with fat girls, caravanners, as they were pulling something hefty.

and the fat girls were called ASWADs if I remember correctly.

Archived