The mighty Raith v Airdrieunitedonians etc

42 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

As a Rovers fan of many years I'm finding it difficult to come to terms with the fact that we seem to look certain to win almost every week just now. I'm away for a lie down to see if I can come up with some reasons as to why Airdrie can beat us this weekend.

I can and its simple. They score more than we do. Always a possibility.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

If ever there was a reminder not to get carried away then would remind folk about the great feeling at cappielow thread. We have started great but there's a long way to go. 

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Someone will beat us sooner or later and it'll be our reaction to that which will define our season. If we kick on and go another six or seven games unbeaten then we'll be fine.

:lol: There'll be a lot of fans giving it big licks when we lose, in particular Ayr fans. No disrespect to either of our upcoming opponents, but I'm not so worried about Airdrie and Albion Rovers. The one I'm cautious about is when we face Arbroath at Starks. They're unbeaten for over the last year away from home. With that said, records are there to be broken so hopefully we can continue on. The main worry for me is the injuries.  There's been very little of Cuthbert, Lennox or McHattie coming back any time soon. I'm also counting down the weeks until we get Benedictus back. 

[emoji38] There'll be a lot of fans giving it big licks when we lose, in particular Ayr fans. No disrespect to either of our upcoming opponents, but I'm not so worried about Airdrie and Albion Rovers. The one I'm cautious about is when we face Arbroath at Starks. They're unbeaten for over the last year away from home. With that said, records are there to be broken so hopefully we can continue on. The main worry for me is the injuries.  There's been very little of Cuthbert, Lennox or McHattie coming back any time soon. I'm also counting down the weeks until we get Benedictus back. 

The Arbroath game will be a big test. They seem to blow hot and cold but on their day they seem to be very dangerous and you can bet Campbell will have them fired up.

I will unfortunately miss this game through work, so am doubly looking forward to the trip to Albion Rovers!

On the game  we seem to be so free scoring at the moment that I am confident of another win. Even with our makeshift defence we haven't conceded a lot, but even if that did change I would still fancy us to out score Airdrie. 

I think the pattern of most games, especially at San Starko, will be hugely influenced by who gets the first goal and when it goes in. If any away side gets the opener and sits in with something to hold on to it can potentially get a bit sticky. But we score in the first half hour and it could be another comfortable win. Hopeful of the latter, 3-0. 

For any Airdrie fans coming through for a pre-match beverage, you are all very welcome at the Raith suite which is located in the main stand. Bar is open until about 2:40 and you can drink right up until 3pm and still make kick off (35ml measures and very reasonably priced too!) - enjoy your day!

I hope the team don't go out with the attitude that all we have to do is turn up.  I'm sure the manager won't let this happen I thought I saw signs of this last Saturday after going up 2-0.  We kind of took our foot of the peddle slightly,  I don't think we were ever in danger of losing it was just that we got a wee bit sloppy.  Anyway looking forward to Saturday a totally different feeling than I had most of last season.  If Spence has recovered I would stick with the same starting eleven as we had against QP.  Not unless the four injured make miraculous recoveries.

14 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Correct and very early season. they havent lost since as far as i know and on their home ground it will be a very tough game.

They lost the week after at home to Ayr. They are a decent side and may well beat us. However, even if they do, it's hard to call anyone a bogey team after you've beaten them 3-0 in the same season.

I'll go 3-1 Rovers, Vaughan x2 and Buchanan. Early goal for us as we take our foot off the gas and Airdrie get an equaliser just before half time. Rest of the game goes much the same way as the Forfar game ie frustrating as f**k but through perseverance we get the goals that kill the game off. Crowd of 1700 odds.

Archived