The mighty Raith v Airdrieunitedonians etc

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another tricky game given our makeshift defence. While we won this weekend 5-0, the score flattered us and we were exceptionally clinical in our finishing. That said, we have to be confident given Airdrie have probably more off the field problems than the rest of the teams in this league combined. Will Gordon Dalziel be returning to us, or is he off doing Clyde Scoreboard? 

We will win. Hopefully Vaughan gets a couple. Would like to see Spence, Barr ad Buchanan also add to their tally. Airdrie United seem to be better that our last opposition so they could score.

Yeah I guess there is a chance we could just go a bit easy on you.

It’s actual fucking brutal mate,no manager,team full of kids,our experienced player is had a fair few shite games,we hump it up to a 5 foot 6 center forward for a flick on,Whilst ditherspoon,Bentlytyne,and the mick the dick sucks the last penny out of the fans

I said before the game today that we'll win fairly comfortably today( I didn't think it would have been 5-0 though) and that we'll struggle a lot next week. I still think this is the case. Airdrie have always been our bogie team and I fear/think that may continue. I obviously hope I'm wrong and that we win this 6/7-0 though.

Vaughan's guaranteed a goal which is always a great start before a ball is kicked.

I said before the game today that we'll win fairly comfortably today( I didn't think it would have been 5-0 though) and that we'll struggle a lot next week. I still think this is the case. Airdrie have always been our bogie team and I fear/think that may continue. I obviously hope I'm wrong and that we win this 6/7-0 though.

Vaughan's guaranteed a goal which is always a great start before a ball is kicked.

I would have thought it's all about the personnel rather than the club. Airdrie are in the shit and they've just lost at home to that East Fife team. I know football is renowned for throwing up this kind of result but I'm still fairly confident of another victory for the Rovers.

Our defence is a bit makeshift at the moment, our midfield is a bit weaker with Callachan away and Robertson playing CB, but our forward line is still good and we're still scoring loads of goals.

So, 0-0 it is then.

We're unbeaten in six games against Airdrie, and our record since they replaced Clydebank is fairly even, so wouldn't say they're a bogey side for us.

Out of interest, do we have a bogey side?

I can't say any club comes to mind.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

We're unbeaten in six games against Airdrie, and our record since they replaced Clydebank is fairly even, so wouldn't say they're a bogey side for us.

Didn't Airdrie pump us in the league cup under Murray where they went through to play Dundee United. Quite surprised it's unbeaten in six. Even still it's a game we should be looking to win. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Out of interest, do we have a bogey side?

I can't say any club comes to mind.

Traditionally it was always said we couldn't win a raffle in Ayrshire,  Forfar of late have been a problem for us especially up there..

Didn't Airdrie pump us in the league cup under Murray where they went through to play Dundee United. Quite surprised it's unbeaten in six. Even still it's a game we should be looking to win. 

Aye, that was their last win, 2-0 in August 2011.

It's funny that our record against Ayr is pretty woeful, but no-one seemed to mention it in the build up, probably because in recent seasons we've generally ended up finishing above them.

Yea and got John Baird on signed on a pre contract soon after if I remember. He tore us to shreds

Archived