The mighty Raith v Airdrieunitedonians etc

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope your team is better than your "banter" for your sake.  Dreadful effort
Anyone know which bit of the ground Airdrie fans will be in? I doubt we'll be bringing many so is the main stand likely?

If you bring less than 100 it will probably be the main stand. I'm not sure what your crowds are like home and away so that's just a guess really.

Another name that should be familiar to Raith Rovers fans, Frankie 'Donuts' Donaldson is rumoured to be involved somewhere in the background.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/millionaire-thug-frankie-donuts-donaldson-11185870

Must be wanting a hobby to keep his mind off the jail. Bad choice from him.

We take each game as it comes and if we get a win its a bonus.  Don't get me wrong Rovers on a winning streak is absolutely brilliant but lets not get carried away with our beating every team 5-0.  Watching the rovers over the past 40 years makes me wary of making such predictions even against teams that are struggling:wacko:

Yeah and in a strange coincidence he was jailed at the same time as everything went tits up at Airdrieonians.

Ridiculous that these guys can still find ways to get involved at senior clubs (and that includes Dalziel). If Alex Short and Danny Smith have been mentioned then you've got the full house unfortunately.

Seems like a life time ago we went to starks park and Paul Harvey put on an absolute masterclass to spoil their treble chances. Never see the likes of that again...

I remember it well. We were on a fantastic run in the league and had won the league cup. I honestly thought we had a great chance of winning the Scottish Cup as well. You also beat us in the league within a week or two of that match.

Seems like a life time ago we went to starks park and Paul Harvey put on an absolute masterclass to spoil their treble chances. Never see the likes of that again...

After the league cup semi, Sinky's last minute winner on Boxing Day and a late winner at Broadwood (Ally Graham?) the Monday before the quarter final, I think it's fair to say you were due us one and to be fair we got it ticht that day.

I spoke to jimmy nichol years later at a function and he said it was the best individual performance he'd seen(Paul Harvey's) some atmosphere that day as well.

There was some cracking players in that Airdrie team. We also broke our transfer record in signing Paul Harvey, unfortunately it didn't work out for us.

Airdrie seem to have been a bit Jekyll and Hyde in their results so far, good wins against Alloa (who've held both 1st and 2nd to draws so far) and Albion Rovers, a pretty creditable draw against Arbroath and then losing the next three on the bounce, including to bottom side Forfar.  Would be interested to know from Airdrie fans where they think things have deteriorated in recent weeks.

For us, Davo will need to be on his best behavior, as the idea of letting Ryan Conroy loose over a dead ball at the edge of the box is pretty awful from our point of view.  Can't say I know too much about the rest of the Diamonds side, although it looks quite young, which probably is part of the whole topsy turvy league form.

Hoping for any type of win here, expect to concede with Flappy McKickgood in goals - against QP, they had a lot of the ball but ran out of ideas at the 18 yard line, meaning Smith was never under huge amounts of pressure,  with little enough pressure applied by EF either.

Our strikers are in good form though, and Buchanan was looking more involved against QP than against Ayr (albeit with an assist to his name). Would possibly leave Spence on the bench for Zannatta but I think Smith will start the former.

Archived