The Edge v The Jai - 23 September, Tannadice Park

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, virginton said:

Dundee United haven't been this complete and utter horseshit since 1979, so that statistic is meaningless. 

I would say United were worse than this from 2000 to 2005.  How we avoided relegation in that period is anyone's guess.

Dundee United haven't been this complete and utter horseshit since 1979, so that statistic is meaningless. 

17.03.79 Aberdeen 0 United 2
11.04.79 United 2 Celtic 1
14.04.79 Hearts 0 United 3
02.06.79 Fiorentina 1 United 1 (won on pens)
05.08.79 United 3 Aston Villa 0
07.08.79 United 3 Spurs 2
Oh and don't forget the league cup final:
12.12.79 United 3 Aberdeen 0
In 1979, United were miles better than the team we have now.

16 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Funny feeling about this one, we'll start 4-4-2 which we've crying out for and I reckon we'll get a comfortable win, 3-0 mcdonald x2 and keatings free kick!

Lewis
Murdoch durnan Quinn robson
King briels fyvie McMullan
Mcdonald keatings

What makes you think it will be so comfortable in intrigued to know...... :P

Seething that I'm missing this.

The hope is that we've turned a corner with the last two results and if we can make it three wins in a row here then we'll have established ourselves as serious playoff challengers, but we still have some obvious weaknesses. We're prone to moments of terrible defending and even in beating Dunfermline we only started playing in the second half, so we're well capable of playing ourselves into trouble and have some improving to do if we're going to start winning games comfortably.

All that said, we've been much better with Oliver and Quitongo both in the team and can now be confident of troubling any defence. If the Edge plays and doesn't get a ridiculous amount of leeway from the referee, Quitongo will destroy him.

19 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

I've just got a feeling that we're going to go in to a game and it's just going to click, however rays in the paper today saying we'll only have one for striker so I'm going to change my prediction to 0-0

will be very close game but all Morton fans are confident going to Dundee Utd and getting a result after our last 2 weeks so lets hope for a cracker.

17 hours ago, adamntg said:

I would say United were worse than this from 2000 to 2005.  How we avoided relegation in that period is anyone's guess.

You quite clearly weren't: given that you were in the top flight throughout that spell and not stinking out the league below. 

Reading that King,  Fraser,  Keatings,  Nkoyi,  Quinn are all potentially out for you lot.

What kind of line up do you expect for Sat?

From a Morton perspective, I thought Kilday might have played last night in our dev game but obviously still a week or two away. Hopefully Murdoch is back for this one, not sure why he missed out on Sat.

Archived