Examining Brendan Rodgers financial claims...

ggr

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, utterly demolished.

Gates, income, trophies, expenditure, winning margins - all historically very different from how things are currently configured (although recent events at Ibrox  helped with the trophy sharing).  Are you honestly going to argue otherwise, or would it just be easier to call me an idiot and say I come from a crap wee town?

You're an idiot and you come from a wee crap town.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/09/2017 at 12:32, Monkey Tennis said:

Bollocks.

Rodgers quite simply thinks it's unfair that certain clubs have big advantages over his; yet perfectly fair that his has big advantages over others.

There really is nothing more nuanced or subtle going on here.  It's a nakedly self serving bleat.

apologies if you have covered this but do celtic live and spend within their means? and before the usual suspects start i never once believed under murray that rangers (even the years we ran any sort of profit) were living within their means when euro income or player sales were included

relying on such unpredictable scenarios such as euro incomes and player sales imo is not living within your means, as rangers proved its a dangerous game that leaves you wide open to being humped

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

apologies if you have covered this but do celtic live and spend within their means? and before the usual suspects start i never once believed under murray that rangers (even the years we ran any sort of profit) were living within their means when euro income or player sales were included

relying on such unpredictable scenarios such as euro incomes and player sales imo is not living within your means, as rangers proved its a dangerous game that leaves you wide open to being humped

Celtic are a plc and therefore their books are public record. They state that they don't factor CL qualification into their planning, although when we didn't qualify they really sold the best players.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As I said, much easier.

Especially when the selfish prejudices you'd never recognised as such let alone challenged, have been exposed so.

You're pretty humourless and self-satisfied. The first is not surprising given you're an idiot from a crap wee town but the second is.

FFP is not there to stop the big clubs spending but to prevent wee clubs being taken over and having money thrown at them ie protect the clique that dominate the European game.

It's no coincidence that the more they are protected that the lower the audiences are for CL football.

As for Celtic - they are hypocritical shitebags of the first degree - they moan about lack of domestic competition yet are the first to try and increase their share of the domestic money pot.

18 minutes ago, The OP said:

You're pretty humourless and self-satisfied. The first is not surprising given you're an idiot from a crap wee town but the second is.

I'm a veritable hoot at gatherings, don't you know.  I just felt that your line was little obvious.

Incidentally, my crap wee town is the same one where Brother Walfrid whiles away eternity. I wonder what he'd make of the modern Celtic.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm a veritable hoot at gatherings, don't you know.  I just felt that your line was little obvious.

Incidentally, my crap wee town is the same one where Brother Walfrid whiles away eternity. I wonder what he'd make of the modern Celtic.

Probably be chuffed the poor Irish weans of the East End can get a Dominos if they come to Celtic Park.

The difficulty here though is that Celtic embrace the hideous way football is - capitalism red in tooth and claw - because in a domestic context they're great big winners, to an extent that actually is unfair, if the idea is for the best teams to compete with each other for prizes.
In Europe though, we get this wish for intervention, for increased regulation via 'ffp' etc. 
Morally, it's bloody flimsy.

giphy.gif

The OP displaying the nasty, petty superiority complex that followers of Celtic and Sevco revel in. They love feeling part of something that tried to look down on others and make out that they're better. It's why they attract more scummy morons than other clubs and why they promote their brands of bigotry

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

The OP displaying the nasty, petty superiority complex that followers of Celtic and Sevco revel in. They love feeling part of something that tried to look down on others and make out that they're better. It's why they attract more scummy morons than other clubs and why they promote their brands of bigotry

BA Baracus thinks he's a superior being by supporting the team he supports and is unaware of the obvious irony.

Agree
But I'm still reeling from the revelation that Celtic sell Dominos Pizzas at games
i've been out of the loop for so long
all we have at ICT are rock hard mac n cheese pies that can break your teeth and cardboard burgers

Must admit, I'm not an advocate of eating at the football.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think he's posted in this thread.

Whatever he is called. His opinion was so derivative of almost every post on pie and bovril ever it wasn't worth retaining that information in the 0.5 seconds between quoting and posting.

Archived