Examining Brendan Rodgers financial claims...

ggr

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

You can have some as long as you don't piss it up the wall like most clubs in Scotland. 

Well obviously but you're not seriously saying there's a level playing field with Celtic and the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc financially?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every club has it's own level of means,why beat clubs with a stick because they have more beans

True but why is your Clubs manager bleating about the "gulf" when playing in Europe then?

Every club has it's own level of means,why beat clubs with a stick because they have more beans

Are you that thick? Celtic are being criticised here because they're complaining about how hard it is to compete with teams with far more money than them, and then in the next breath criticising teams with less money than them for not being good enough.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Chris Sutton believes Celtic could lose Brendan Rodgers if they don't match his ambition to make Celtic a force in Europe

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/celtic-could-lose-brendan-rodgers-11179650

Fuckin' pay attention! Chris Sutton there ^^^ read!!!

Looks like they'll be losing Brendan then. Why the f**k would the Board at Celtic risk going tits up like Rangers did trying to close an ever increasing gap chasim?

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

True but why is your Clubs manager bleating about the "gulf" when playing in Europe then?

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you that thick? Celtic are being criticised here because they're complaining about how hard it is to compete with teams with far more money than them, and then in the next breath criticising teams with less money than them for not being good enough.

Listen i'm about to leave for the game,i don't read the papers or most media in this country all i heard after the game was Brendan saying we played like under 12's and we needed a champions league mentality if he said we got beat because they have more money than us then i disagree with him.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Listen i'm about to leave for the game,i don't read the papers or most media in this country all i heard after the game was Brendan saying we played like under 12's and we needed a champions league mentality if he said we got beat because they have more money than us then i disagree with him.

why enter the thread in the first place then?

So you've being arguing with people about comments you haven't even read? Fucking hell.

Aye, Celtic would be winning champions leagues left right and centre if they weren't such shitebags. Same with the likes of Basel and Dinamo Zagreb, just need that champions league mentality.

Its more to do with the hypocrisy rather than the money. Celtic can never use that as an excuse for their dramatic failures in Europe.  Also it's not that it's ever that close tbh, season after season Celtic get thumped by often fairly average European teams. On this occasion they were humiliated by a very good team who also are very rich. Coincidence? Not really. But lets not have the bleating after being gubbed in your own backyard, the worst result at home in their European history.

In their own minds Celtic are a big club, an important club. But the reality says otherwise! Season after season, since the 1970's. Last century.

Caveat: I'd still love the famous to be there but without the whining, hand wringing and tears about the difference in budget. 

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

why enter the thread in the first place then?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

So you've being arguing with people about comments you haven't even read? Fucking hell.

It's a fecking interesting topic ,this is an excuse for every Scottish football fan bar Celtic fans for the failings of their club.

It's a fecking interesting topic ,this is an excuse for every Scottish football fan bar Celtic fans for the failings of their club.

and what exactly have you contributed to the discussion?

I think you're sort of right. Money is so important in our very small footballing pond. I could throw, (not actually of course), £100 million a year at Albion Rovers and they'd win the Premiership within 10 years. It's not the history, the clubs so called importance in Scotland or Europe. It's money predominately. If any club can outspend Celtic they will probably win the league.

28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

:lol:

What an absolute walloper!

It’s true there’s financial gulfs in every country however I disagree with Brendan here - it’s celtics responsibility to generate more revenue to compete in Europe the same way as it’s the rest of Scotland’s job to increase its revenue to compete with Celtic not the other way round.

I don’t stop my competitors using their finance to land a big contract I need to try harder to to compete

Isn't wastecoatwilly the same gurgling cretin who claimed that Celtic had some unique strategy that resulted in their domestic success and that other clubs pretty much didn't have the ambition to compete with them?

Isn't wastecoatwilly the same gurgling cretin who claimed that Celtic had some unique strategy that resulted in their domestic success and that other clubs pretty much didn't have the ambition to compete with them?

Aye. He claimed that buying players cheaply and selling them on for a profit is something more clubs should be trying to do.

Archived