Pro Ev 2018

Dindeleux

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying this game however feel online that sometimes I can be amazing and totally outplay teams and that other times I can barely string two passes together. Not sure how much this has to do with the opposition or if it's just my shiteness!

Picked the game up the other day for £15 as I traded a couple of older games in.  Haven't had a decent go at it yet as I'm trying to get my option file sorted.

You can go to a site called pesuniverse where they also have tutorials in putting the option files in.  No SPL as yet but it might out in Version 3 in a week or two.

PES world has an SPFL option file but its only for ps4.

I'm enjoying this game however feel online that sometimes I can be amazing and totally outplay teams and that other times I can barely string two passes together. Not sure how much this has to do with the opposition or if it's just my shiteness!

Could be your tactics. I mix it up a bit depending on who i play against. Sometimes don't press at all and let the opposition f**k about with the ball, sometimes press high up if i can tell they arent any good.

I love playing against players that shove 5 players up front have 2 attacking mids and 3 defenders, normally a PSG clown, because they just expect to romp it. Guaranteed rage quit when i bang the 4th in.

Up to Div 5 now. West Ham are brilliant, get 500 points a win with them.

Are scouts just randomly allocated to you after matches in my club or does your result/performance have any bearing on how good a scout you get?

Think it’s mostly at random mate although I have noticed that the higher division you are in you seem to get more scouts - higher star scouts I mean.

Did anyone else get tens of messages from PES last week talking about scouting issues and giving you back like 30 scouts you had already used plus compensation? I got about 200,000 GP and quite a few of good 4 star scouts back.

Also 1-spinned on the same day and got Zico where the game seemed to glitch me from a silver back to black ball. If anyone follows me on twitch check out my video from Friday and scroll to 46 mins and you’ll see what I mean.

I spent the GP pretty wisely and my squad is almost as good as a gold team will get. Got a few blacks but still avoiding wasting money on spins despite the Zico success.

Er...........not too sure what is happening here but I did a spin last night and it landed on a gold ball but then bounced to an adjacent black again and I picked up Douglas Costa.

He is only an 85 anyway so its almost like a gold but still I can't have any complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this for two days and think it's the worst pro evolution game in years. Every opposition goalkeeper is better than De Gea regardless of stats and every opposition striker, regardless of stats, finishes like Ronaldo. And don't get me started on your players just standing around like dummies when you're not controlling them. What have Konami done here!

Been playing this for two days and think it's the worst pro evolution game in years. Every opposition goalkeeper is better than De Gea regardless of stats and every opposition striker, regardless of stats, finishes like Ronaldo. And don't get me started on your players just standing around like dummies when you're not controlling them. What have Konami done here!

You’ll either grow to love it or hate it more. I think it’s fantastic, online anyway. Not sure about offline.

You’ll either grow to love it or hate it more. I think it’s fantastic, online anyway. Not sure about offline.

Hate it more I suspect.

Last game I had 18 shots, most from inside 18, 12 on target. Opposition 2 shots, 2 on target. I got beat 2-0. That seems to be the story at least every other game, regardless of opposition. It seems a nonsense.

Next game, 3 shots against, 3 on target, beat 3-0. It's not fun at all this game. Just hugely frustrating watching your team stote around like they just wandered in off the street as the opposition waltz around.

Back in the box before I smash the telly me thinks.

I still think it's absolutely brilliant. I always get PES and usually end up not playing it after a couple of months. I'm still playing this multiple times a week (mainly offline) Be a bit more patient.

Next game, 3 shots against, 3 on target, beat 3-0. It's not fun at all this game. Just hugely frustrating watching your team stote around like they just wandered in off the street as the opposition waltz around.

Back in the box before I smash the telly me thinks.

I can’t say I’ve ever had this experience, you playing on or offline?

I can’t say I’ve ever had this experience, you playing on or offline?

I'm not an online gamer really (too old [emoji4]). I mainly play master league, if I want a change my club. Have always been a Pro Evo guy (since 2!) so have plenty of hours in it. Probably played 2017 for a good 1000+ hours.

2017 I was comfortable at superstar, started 2018 at top player.

I'm just finding it frustrating. Obviously you expect to lose games, especially when you start in ML mode than you win. I don't expect to win every game of anything. It's the way that I'm losing that's annoying me. I'm 2 seasons in now and find the overall experience frustrating. Some of my issues:

- the opposition scores from like 70% of their efforts on average, many games 100%.

- my attackers at times couldn't hit a barn door, at other times always hit target but the 70 rated keeper is clawing out of every top corner

- players stand and do nothing (or run away!) when the ball breaks near them if you don't change cursor

- defending is useless, particularly in and around your box

- players needlessly run to cover space they don't need to cover, leaving men open where the film always then goes, if one of your other players move.

- when you do manage to challenge a com player lots of times they fall in front of you and sit there for a second while you can't get round them to get the ball, they retain the ball

- when the ball breaks in the opposition box, all my players run away (even holding square) leaving them ready to get out. In my box I get dammed swarmed if it drops (rightly)

Overall, it feels like the COM AI has improved dramatically and I do like the changes in the passing mechanisms. But at the same time it seems that the player AI has been dumbed down to a level that at times its like watching Chelsea play Hawick RA!

I'm not an online gamer really (too old [emoji4]). I mainly play master league, if I want a change my club. Have always been a Pro Evo guy (since 2!) so have plenty of hours in it. Probably played 2017 for a good 1000+ hours.

I'm just finding it frustrating. Obviously you expect to lose games, especially when you start in ML mode than you win. I don't expect to win every game of anything. It's the way that I'm losing that's annoying me. I'm 2 seasons in now and find the overall experience frustrating. Some of my issues:

- the opposition scores from like 70% of their efforts on average, many games 100%.
- my attackers at times couldn't hit a barn door, at other times always hit target but the 70 rated keeper is clawing out of every top corner
- players stand and do nothing (or run away!) when the ball breaks near them if you don't change cursor
- players needlessly run to cover space they don't need to cover, leaving men open where the film always then goes, if one of your other players move.
- when you do manage to challenge a com player lots of times they fall in front of you and sit there for a second while you can't get round them to get the ball, they retain the ball
- when the ball breaks in the opposition box, all my players run away (even holding square) leaving them ready to get out. In my box I get dammed swarmed if it drops (rightly)

Overall, it feels like the COM AI has improved dramatically and I do like the changes in the passing mechanisms. But at the same time it seems that the player AI has been dumbed down to a level that at times its like watching Chelsea play Hawick RA!

It'll get better.I assume despite being offline you have done all the patches etc?

I only play myclub and find playing COM ok but it's only the odd game.

36 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I'm not an online gamer really (too old emoji4.png). I mainly play master league, if I want a change my club. Have always been a Pro Evo guy (since 2!) so have plenty of hours in it. Probably played 2017 for a good 1000+ hours.

I'm still getting humped on Master League. Started off as the Crotone manager in Seria A, just avoided relegation so in the 2nd season AC Milan offered me a job so I took that just when i was starting to win games with Crotone, now more than half a season later with AC I am back to square one struggling to win games. It takes time for it to click then you start winning, trust me.

I'm doing the exact same to guys online. I survived division 5 buy like 50 points, it's really tough. To even survive I need 2500 points, which is 5 wins with West Ham. Sounds easy enough but everyone I play seems to go either Man U or PSG, it's pretty difficult. Last night I won a couple of games 1-0 with my only shot in each game and defended like Jose. I don't know how I'll manage to get the 3500 needed to get into div 4, and how the hell am I going to be able to survive in that one.

Got EA Access at the weekend, and noticed you could get a free ten hour trial of FIFA. Decided to download it and give it a play. Found it so unnatural in comparison to PES. Just felt very fake, not sure if that's the right word, but didn't have a fluidity about it. Played for a few hours before uninstalling. For game play, PES is miles in front. 

• 2 months later...

The online divisions is massively flawed. You should only be able to play against players in the same division.

Instead I'm going up against guys that are in lower divisions meaning they don't need to win as many points to get promoted so they go Man U PSG ect, because i need 2500 just to stay up i need to go a team like West Ham and win 5 times which doesn't sound much but the likes of Fellani and Lukaku can go full on sprint for 90 minutes and not run out of energy where as every West Ham player is fucked after 60 makes it pretty impossible to do.

On 3/18/2018 at 10:21, sergie's no1 fan said:

The online divisions is massively flawed. You should only be able to play against players in the same division.

Never realised they did that. After getting up as high as Division Four, I just go between Seven and Eight now. Can't see to get any higher. 

Archived