Pro Ev 2018

Dindeleux

Damn you all to hell I'm going to have to go out and get this now.

I switched to FIFA during PES's dark days a few years ago but I quickly concluded that FIFA is absolute dug shite so stopped buying it.  Really missing having a football game to play so it's back to PES I go. 

If I end up smashing up all my controllers (again) in sheer frustration you're all to blame.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I switched to FIFA during PES's dark days a few years ago but I quickly concluded that FIFA is absolute dug shite so stopped buying it.  Really missing having a football game to play so it's back to PES I go. 
If I end up smashing up all my controllers (again) in sheer frustration you're all to blame.

You probably will to be honest but it’s worth it.

I’ve played around 150 online games and won about 50 of those but I’ve only really started to feel like I’m comfortable in the last 20 games or so (and I’ve probably lost more than I’ve won in those).

It’ll take you weeks to stop playing it like FIFA.

23 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

You probably will to be honest but it’s worth it.

I’ve played around 150 online games and won about 50 of those but I’ve only really started to feel like I’m comfortable in the last 20 games or so (and I’ve probably lost more than I’ve won in those).

It’ll take you weeks to stop playing it like FIFA.

It really is a major ball ache moving from one football game to another coz it does take a while to adjust but I'm really hoping to get that old PES magic back again.

The only other thing that's holding me back from getting it right now is that, unlike FIFA, it tends to drop in price quite dramatically a few months after release.  I reckon I could get it for about a score if I wait a few more weeks.

Though I know fine well I'll probably buy it after work today.

1 hour ago, pj_puttz said:

It really is a major ball ache moving from one football game to another coz it does take a while to adjust but I'm really hoping to get that old PES magic back again.

The only other thing that's holding me back from getting it right now is that, unlike FIFA, it tends to drop in price quite dramatically a few months after release.  I reckon I could get it for about a score if I wait a few more weeks.

Though I know fine well I'll probably buy it after work today.

You can get it for £30 on amazon today, I'd imagine Tesco etc will all be similar.

Or walk into CEX and get it for £32.

Maybe worth downloading Pes lite. It's basically the full myclub part of the game. Doesn't cost anything and is prob the part of the game that most people play!

21 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Maybe worth downloading Pes lite. It's basically the full myclub part of the game. Doesn't cost anything and is prob the part of the game that most people play!

The PES lite thing is a bit of a joke to be honest.  If my girlfriend hadn't bought me the game I'd be raging.  Next year I will just wait for it to come out as I only play myclub.

Cheers lads!  I'll have a good look around and if I can get it for around £30 I'll definitely pick it up.

I got kinda engrossed in Ghost Recon: Wildlands (found the Gold Edition with all DLC for £30 and couldn't resist) at the weekend there so that's probably going to take up all of my attention for a while anyway.  That gives me the luxury of waiting for PES to drop in price if I can't get it on the cheap.

Don't play online as much but have been determined recently to get promoted to Div 7. Pretty solid online with a few folk with dodgy connections.

First game in div 7 and i thump someone 5-0. I'm guessing it's not all that easy?

Hate to admit it but England are a pretty good team to go, vastly over rated and you get 400 points per win. Kane is vicious in the penalty box.

Don't play online as much but have been determined recently to get promoted to Div 7. Pretty solid online with a few folk with dodgy connections.

First game in div 7 and i thump someone 5-0. I'm guessing it's not all that easy?

Hate to admit it but England are a pretty good team to go, vastly over rated and you get 400 points per win. Kane is vicious in the penalty box.

I’m not too sure how the “not myclub” divisions work but it seems that in MyClub the online play doesn’t limit you to playing against people just in your own division, seems to be that the higher division you get into the more points you need to avoid relegation/get promotion.

I’ve not decided if I like this approach yet but, despite winning only every 3rd game, I love the game.

Is the lite version worth the download?

I downloaded it a week ago and I've played about 15 games. I reckon the costs of contracts are maybe inflated over the paid for game but I've not seen anything that makes me think I'll be forced to spend cash yet. If you're happy playing my club then I'd say it's worth your while.

I downloaded it a week ago and I've played about 15 games. I reckon the costs of contracts are maybe inflated over the paid for game but I've not seen anything that makes me think I'll be forced to spend cash yet. If you're happy playing my club then I'd say it's worth your while.

Can you play online or just myClub?

When bidding for scouts in my club, surely you want outbid in the first round as it doesn't cost you anything to bid in the final round (except what you offered if you win the final round), whereas if you win the first and final round you need to pay credits in both rounds.... Or am I missing something?

On 12/2/2017 at 01:21, spud131 said:
When bidding for scouts in my club, surely you want outbid in the first round as it doesn't cost you anything to bid in the final round (except what you offered if you win the final round), whereas if you win the first and final round you need to pay credits in both rounds.... Or am I missing something?

No mate if you bid 2000 first round then final bid 10000 it only costs you 10000. It just adds 8k on.

I managed to secure Pedro and Dani Alves last night (both at Lv 1 though so will need built up).  My team has been built by around 90% scouting cards and then 10% spins I've win in tournaments or accumulating the coins through the challenges in myClub.

My team is now, if everyone is fit and on form:

GK: Buffon

Def: Alves, Laporte, Barzagli, Rodriquez

Mid: Fellaini, Parejo, Draxler

Att: Hazard, Bacca, Pedro

Subs: Falcoa, Benatia, Vitolo, Lemar, Fabinho, Propper, Son, Guardado, Bellerin.

Archived