Islam - co-existence, terrorism and reformation

banana

Poll  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I am on holiday and having my first beer of the day.  Planning a snacky lunch with Cava 

A meditteranean snacky lunch of anti-pasto / meze / tapas style finger foods accompanied by a chilled wine and eaten in the sunshine is one of life's great, simple pleasures.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Fish Friday at work again today. No doubt that will provoke a furious spate of red dots from resident arsewipe and serial bigot Bennett.

You got a few dots around a week ago, get over it Frodo.

On 9/22/2017 at 09:42, Granny Danger said:

I am on holiday and having my first beer of the day.  Planning a snacky lunch with Cava 

I'm on holiday for a week, too.  Got a fucking cold on my first day off.  Happens nearly every time - pressure lifts, cold germs invade.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

I'm on holiday for a week, too.  Got a fucking cold on my first day off.  Happens nearly every time - pressure lifts, cold germs invade.

Some folk will say that's psychosomatic but I think that if your unwell and under stress and hold it in you can suffer real physical symptoms once, as you say, the pressure lifts.

I'm a staunch atheist and secularist. However if someone can show me some good evidence that there's an eternity of Rubber Dinghy Rapids awaiting me in the afterlife im well giving up bacon and threatening to merk infadels.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a Somali-born Dutch-American activist, feminist, author, scholar, and former Dutch politician.

A former devout Muslim who abandoned her faith and became an atheist, she has been a vocal critic of Islam. In 2004, she collaborated on a short movie with Theo van Gogh, entitled Submission, a film depicting oppression of women under fundamentalist Islamic law, critical of the Islamic canon itself. The film sparked controversy and death threats. Van Gogh was murdered later that year by Mohammed Bouyeri, a Moroccan-Dutch Islamic terrorist. Hirsi Ali maintains that "Islam is part religion, and part a political-military doctrine, the part that is a political doctrine contains a world view, a system of laws and a moral code that is totally incompatible with our constitution, our laws, and our way of life." Having previously argued that Islam was beyond reform, in her latest book Heretic (2015) she calls for a reformation of Islam by defeating the Islamists and supporting reformist Muslims.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, banana said:

RIP

blimey - that's seventeen years ago to the day that I was in the Buck's Head pub at Telford, getting a few pints downed  before watching Rovers play out a 1-1 draw

very much my "what were you doing when JFK was shot" moment, though to be fair, for most of the significant world events over the last three decades there's a pretty high probability that when they took place i would've been "having a few beers and watching shite football"...

Archived