Islam - co-existence, terrorism and reformation

banana

Poll  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone who participated in my little experiment on political correctness, in the context of Islam.

[Discussion below based on the thread up until my last visit around a week ago]

---

The original post was intentionally entirely constructed from parts of an interview of a leading moderate Islamic scholar in Indonesia, a country with a fascinating history and present concerning Islam. The anonymous poll was based on the themes in his answers.

Though 37.5% agreed anonymously with Q1 and Q2, and 57.5% with Q3, non-anonymous replies (posts and greens/reds) were exclusively hostile against these positions of the moderate scholar. That is, the 37.5% and 57.5% positions were silenced to 0% post representation through self-censorship.

Only two posters hostile to the moderate scholar's positions were willing to engage with those positions, the majority instead used ad hominem attacks on the messenger. Some stated that the leading moderate Islamic scholar's position misunderstands, misrepresents, and lies about Islam.

Despite the open hostility, no counter-arguments were presented against the moderate scholar's positions.

To conclude, political correctness is an anti-intellectual, truth-repelling disease that you should rid your minds of, both those who were frantically hostile and those who self-censored.

---

Wall of Shame

KNO3L5S.png

20 minutes ago, banana said:

Thanks to everyone who participated in my little experiment on political correctness, in the context of Islam.

---

The original post was intentionally entirely constructed from parts of an interview of a leading moderate Islamic scholar in Indonesia, a country with a fascinating history and present concerning Islam. The anonymous poll was based on the themes in his answers.

Though 37.5% agreed anonymously with Q1 and Q2, and 57.5% with Q3, non-anonymous replies (posts and greens/reds) were exclusively hostile against these positions of the moderate scholar. That is, the 37.5% and 57.5% positions were silenced to 0% post representation through self-censorship.

Only two posters hostile to the moderate scholar's positions were willing to engage with those positions, the majority instead used ad hominem attacks on the messenger. Some stated that the leading moderate Islamic scholar's position misunderstands, misrepresents, and lies about Islam.

Despite the open hostility, no counter-arguments were presented against the moderate scholar's positions.

To conclude, political correctness is an anti-intellectual, truth-repelling disease that you should rid your minds of, both those who were frantically hostile and those who self-censored.

If you had linked the article from the start you might had got a better response, instead you twisted his message, By leaving out this for example:

Over the past 50 years, Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states have spent massively to promote their ultra-conservative version of Islam worldwide. 

I doubt many would disagree about this being the major cause of extreme Islamist fascism. Wahhabism/Salafism   only began in the late 18th Century, and didn't take off outside a few desert tribes until the 1970's, so it can hardly be called "traditional" Islam.

---
---
Wall of Shame
KNO3L5S.png

You are a verified, paranoid, mysoginistic, racist, arsehile.

3 hours ago, banana said:

---

---

Wall of Shame

KNO3L5S.png

taylor-swift-reaction-face-10.gif

it really is laughable how america can accuse iran of being a backwards state when they trade arms with saudi arabia for oil.
Until people at the highest levels actually tell the truth then all talk is pointless.

They've waged an economic war against Iran as well.

Iran didn't like getting pillaged by America and told them to bolt. Then they are 'evil' so America backs their enemy then attacks their enemy to get rid of weapons they sold to them. Next they destabilise the entire Middle East and back terrorists then pick and chose who are the bad guys. To sum up Edam is my probably my favourite.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

They've waged an economic war against Iran as well.

Iran is one of the most democratic and least involved in terrorism nations in the region. America is incapable of forgetting about the past, ie. the Tehran embassy hostages and the Beirut embassy bombing. And they listen too much to the Israelis whining about Hezbollah. But they're happy to fight alongside them in Iraq and sometimes in Syria. All the terrorist attacks in the West have been inspired by Sunni fundamentalists, it's time for them to grow up and learn a bit of realpolitik.

15 hours ago, banana said:

---

---

Wall of Shame

KNO3L5S.png

mick-mccarthy.gif.2b670729bf25a7ecf10df75c26f5ea6f.gif

Archived