Clyde v Edinburgh

Well just check you out!

Would that be the significantly better Arbroath which we pumped 5-0, beat 3-2, and only lost two of our other fixtures against by a single goal?

Would this also be the significantly better Elgin who we beat 3-2, 2-1, 2-0 and lost to once?

I take it you simply look at the end of season league table to make your astounding deductions then aye. Dear oh dear.

No I watched the games and they were literally better at football than Clyde. I also looked at the league table which leant weight to that hypothesis.

Saying you're embarrassed to get beat by Edinburgh City is an embarrassment in itself. Fair enough Clyde used to be class, you are honking now. I don't think there's much else to say.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying you're embarrassed to get beat by Edinburgh City is an embarrassment in itself. Fair enough Clyde used to be class, you are honking now. I don't think there's much else to say.

I wouldn't say it's losing to Edinburgh City in particular that's embarrassing.

Losing a home game to a team that seemed to have no desire to win.

Conceding 3 goals to a team that only had 3 shots.

The fact that we resorted to hoofing the ball relentlessly at a 10 man defence.

The fact we did not deviate from this 'plan' for 90 plus minutes.

These are the embarrassing things and they are entirely our own fault. We can't play against teams that defend in numbers and shitfest a match.

Anyone would be embarrassed to lose to you as the most unskilled, negative and morally corrupt team in the league by quite some margin. You have an unflattering record against us, and have managed a couple of wins against opposition marginally better and in the same league as us. How proud you must be! As you were son.

Offfft raging.

Anyone would be embarrassed to lose to you as the most unskilled, negative and morally corrupt team in the league by quite some margin. You have an unflattering record against us, and have managed a couple of wins against opposition marginally better and in the same league as us. How proud you must be! As you were son.

We beat every team at least once in our debut season in league 2 except from Clyde (Credit where it's due), so yes very proud.

No offence man, but why are you in a thread that doesn't concern your own team?? I've never personally had the urge to visit another clubs thread unless I've wanted to ask a question. Maybe I don't have as much time as you do...

Because the meltdown by some of your support is hilarious.

Actual burst out laughing reading that. How proud I must be? Of a team that made its way up from the East of Scotland into the SPFL and finished above the mighty Clyde FC in our first season despite a start that was worse than any of us feared. You're damn right I'm proud.

9 hours ago, AndyCameron88 said:

Ooooft, feel the seethe.

Morally corrupt?

No offence man, but why are you in a thread that doesn't concern your own team?? I've never personally had the urge to visit another clubs thread unless I've wanted to ask a question. Maybe I don't have as much time as you do...

To be honest, having looked at the incredibly boring Stirlinghire Albion thread, I'd be on the Clyde thread too.

Remember, this is the club that got their knickers in a twist about some tape and bottles left in the dugout.

But we have passed through midfield. No doubt the long ball has been the main tactic, and we maybe didn't on Saturday, but we have done so in every other game. You can choose not to see it, but it has happened.
Comparisons with other teams need to be correct as well. Edinburgh punted the ball just as much as Clyde did at the weekend, yet apparently they played through midfield. Arbroath had a couple of games where they couldn't string two passes together (the 1-0 at the end of the season, their win at Broadwood, the cup game).

Correct. Tbh we just done what we needed to do, it isn't about having a certain style it's about being adaptable to the game in question.

We played lots of nice stuff last season but if we needed to mix it we did that too. Looks like it's the same again this year, we are really good to watch and pass it about well but can also mix it up with the other team if that's what's required. Our last away league defeat was to you guys 13 months ago...

If you focus too much on a certain style you're fucked imo and that's why a good manager is very important. Knows when to change it up. We went between 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 last season.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Correct. Tbh we just done what we needed to do, it isn't about having a certain style it's about being adaptable to the game in question.

We played lots of nice stuff last season but if we needed to mix it we did that too. Looks like it's the same again this year, we are really good to watch and pass it about well but can also mix it up with the other team if that's what's required. Our last away league defeat was to you guys 13 months ago...

If you focus too much on a certain style you're fucked imo and that's why a good manager is very important. Knows when to change it up. We went between 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 last season.

A lot of good points made, although many of us were crying out for changes to be made on Saturday. Problem was far too few of the players would have been able to carry out those instructions, given how poor they were.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Read the thread after watching the Edinburgh boys two goals. Ooooooft. The second one is ridiculous. Maybe an El Bakhtoui kind of find for City. Wow.

Certainly was a couple of wordies, aligned with weak attempts at tackles and switching off. Sick of these goals going in against us, and us not scoring them!! The only one who seems capable of scoring these goals is Gormley

Archived