Cowdenbeath 0 - ? Peterhead

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As yon Peterhead supporter put it, we are a shambles. Can't do the basics right whatsoever.

I know it probably wouldn't have mattered a jot, but the officials have denied us the chance to score from the spot at 0-3 from as clear a foul as anyone is likely to see. In general they were (as per usual) hopeless.

I don't even know where Billy should start at training next week but as it stands, we are down and out already unless something drastic changes.

Also, get Kyle Miller to f**k. Strolls around the middle of the park for 90 minutes without producing anything. He's not the only one, but he genuinely was anonymous today.

1 hour ago, Threeattheback said:

Wow. Cowdenbeath are a shambles. Peterhead completely dominant, great performances from Jamie Stevenston and Willie Gibson.

Get what you pay for I suppose team with the biggest wage bill in the division beats the team with the lowest - not the biggest surprise in the world. The likes of Willie Gibson, Rory McAllister, Greg Fleming and a few others could play at a higher level than League 2.

2 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Ok terrible for the first 20min to slow to react!! Other goals fail to clear lines promptly !!

Joe McGovern good performance Frazier Mullen tries good shift !!

They need to toughen up to easily pushed pulled of the ball ref no help  learn from mistakes move on  cowden till I die

We need to get a couple of experienced guys in the side to guide the youngsters.

13 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Get what you pay for I suppose team with the biggest wage bill in the division beats the team with the lowest - not the biggest surprise in the world. The likes of Willie Gibson, Rory McAllister, Greg Fleming and a few others could play at a higher level than League 2.

Good point

a football agent I know tells me Mcallister on 750 pw and Willkie Gibson stays in the borders !! So what must he be on.

however, it doesn't hide the fact that we are heading for the lowland league unless the players get the spirit of last season again. I can't see any useful  players coming to Cowden even if we have the money. Glad we are away from home for a couple of weeks. Couldn't stand another week of that p***k at the back of the Stand shouting abuse at everyone from the chairman to the tea lady for the whole game. Billy brown even got a round f applause when he told him to shut the f**k up.

16 hours ago, Threeattheback said:

Wow. Cowdenbeath are a shambles. Peterhead completely dominant, great performances from Jamie Stevenston and Willie Gibson.

Correct, you could have scored six or seven in the first half. That's the worst performance I've seen from a Cowden team for a long,long time.  Peterhead played well and passed the ball about. All their players were comfortable on the ball whereas the Cowden team looked like a bunch of trialists. For me the only players that got pass marks was the keeper, although he did looked suspect at one of the goals, Rumsby and Buchanan for effort.

A big wake up call required at CP. There's no team in this league I'd be confident of beating.

Well done Peterhead and Jamie Stevenson who played really well.

Glad all your "injured" players made miraculous recoverys too.

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Glad we are away from home for a couple of weeks. Couldn't stand another week of that p***k at the back of the Stand shouting abuse at everyone from the chairman to the tea lady for the whole game. Billy brown even got a round f applause when he told him to shut the f**k up.

Billy's words were "shut up, you f*cking arsehole" which was what everyone else was thinking.  They were aimed at Scott  (Cowden316 on here). My favourite part was when Scott walked out and said "I'll just go back to Ibrox then." Other highlights were when he directed abuse at Kyle Miller who looked up at him and then he got a bee in his bonnet about Kyle "eyeballing a fan" and his tirade at John Ovenstone because "he just stands there." Scott is a big fan of shouting and showing passion. It doesn't matter what the players/management team are shouting as long as they're doing it loudly. Shouting = passion = quality in his eyes. Lots of shouting at Ibrox and definitely no eyeballing from players there.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

For me the only players that got pass marks was the keeper, although he did looked suspect at one of the goals, Rumsby and Buchanan for effort.

Buchanan isn't good enough. He runs about a bit, takes up poor positions, constantly loses the ball, tries to do everything himself (i.e. - isn't a team player) and has no end product. There's no way he should be in the team ahead of Brad Smith who showed his quality when he came on.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Correct, you could have scored six or seven in the first half. That's the worst performance I've seen from a Cowden team for a long,long time.  Peterhead played well and passed the ball about. All their players were comfortable on the ball whereas the Cowden team looked like a bunch of trialists. For me the only players that got pass marks was the keeper, although he did looked suspect at one of the goals, Rumsby and Buchanan for effort.

A big wake up call required at CP. There's no team in this league I'd be confident of beating.

Well done Peterhead and Jamie Stevenson who played really well.

Glad all your "injured" players made miraculous recoverys too.

We all know the financial limitations of the club and we all know that we need some experience in the side and a  proven goal scorer point one of course makes point two harder to achieve.

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

"I'll just go back to Ibrox then."

Lots of shouting at Ibrox and definitely no eyeballing from players there.

Out of the frying pan into the fire with that still plenty to complain about there:lol:

They would just communicate back to him in sign language like on Friday:lol:

Archived