Bizarre Scottish football sightings

I was in a sauna in an onsen complex in Tokyo in 2012. A fellow saunee pipes up in broken English "You. America?" my response: "No, Sukottorando" received this reply along with a big smile: "Aaaah! Duncan Ferguson!"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was in downtown Toronto 3 years ago and went into a random comic book store. There on the wall was a framed Partick Thistle away top from 2011 signed by what I imagine was all the Thistle players at the time. 

They sponsored a player for a couple of seasons. Something snail comics?

RE: Pizza, I remember when I worked in a pizza shop on Byres Road Scott Wilson got a 16" Chicken pizza the night before a game. This was around the time he was playing in Champions League games for the ****.
Claudio Cannigia was in all the time for a coffee too. Don't think the lad had a kettle...

16 hours ago, maplewell said:

Was in downtown Toronto 3 years ago and went into a random comic book store. There on the wall was a framed Partick Thistle away top from 2011 signed by what I imagine was all the Thistle players at the time. 

There were a couple of issues of Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers where they got involved with a crowd of Partick supporters. Spot Fat Freddie's shirt!

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers 09b.jpg

In Oct 1995 I was working in Paris. I popped out for lunch and saw Chic Charnley among a group of Celtic fans on the Champs-Elysées. I waved at him, said "Welcome to Paris, Mr Charnley", and continued on. 

13 hours ago, Enigma said:

I was in a sauna in an onsen complex in Tokyo in 2012. A fellow saunee pipes up in broken English "You. America?" my response: "No, Sukottorando" received this reply along with a big smile: "Aaaah! Duncan Ferguson!"

Same thing happened to me in Yemen. First getting asked if I was American then English, as soon as I said Scottish he replied "Aaaah! Alex Ferguson!" 

Surprised that it was the Japanese that knew the Arab and not the Arab! 

Perhaps not surprising but I saw David Goodwillie out on the piss in Stirling well over 10 times when I was a student there. Most notably was a Wednesday night in the famous Fubar where he was sitting on the stage bit, off his face, while a female appeared to give him some sort of lap dance. I was concerned that these midweek exploits may affect his performance against Hearts which was just a few days away. These fears were alleviated as he scored a double in the first half.

When I started uni he was playing for Blackburn in the EPL. By the time I graduated he was without a club and would go on to sign for Clyde in Scottish League 2. I can't help but feel his trips to Wetherspoons at 2pm during the week may not have helped.

1 hour ago, trainspotter said:

I have a picture of my daughter at Bob the Builder Live sometime in early 00s. Clearly visible in the background is Tore Andre Flo, who was in attendance with Michael Mols (and, I assume, their families).

Well, somebody would have to explain the plot to them.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Perhaps not surprising but I saw David Goodwillie out on the piss in Stirling well over 10 times when I was a student there. Most notably was a Wednesday night in the famous Fubar where he was sitting on the stage bit, off his face, while a female appeared to give him some sort of lap dance. I was concerned that these midweek exploits may affect his performance against Hearts which was just a few days away. These fears were alleviated as he scored a double in the first half.

When I started uni he was playing for Blackburn in the EPL. By the time I graduated he was without a club and would go on to sign for Clyde in Scottish League 2. I can't help but feel his trips to Wetherspoons at 2pm during the week may not have helped.

Holding........myself.........back.......must......not......reply.....

Archived