Bizarre Scottish football sightings

About 8 years ago I was visiting my Dad in Dubai with my mate. There was a gold souk place nearby so we walked down for a gander and were in one of the smaller shops when my eyes were transfixed by a signed picture of the great scottish footballer..................................................

............................... ............................................................Jim Lauchlan. As I pointed at this picture holding court in the front of shop I tried to tell my mate but was too far gone with laughter and could only point untill he saw it and was scratching his head at such a rare sighting. Im guessing the big man made himself out to be some sort of superstar to gain a discount or the owner was a fan of the football manager he was sh*t hot in.

Anyway have any PnBers found some random scottish football memorabilia in the far flung corners of the world?...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Martin McIntosh, then of Hibernian, waiting behind me in the queue for an ATM in the village in East Kilbride in 2000. I'd just come back from watching Hearts beat Dunfermline 2-0 at Tynecastle and Hibs had lost 3-0 at Celtic. Mr McIntosh was clutching a takeaway pizza from Stefano's in the village. I asked him if it was comfort food. He replied, "I wasn't playing, why would I give a f**k?"

Fair enough. Always stuck with me as an interesting window into the mind of the professional.

I was on holiday in Vietnam and shared a day trip to an island with none other than Rachid Belabed's tailor. I was excited when he mentioned he was friends with a Moroccan Aberdeen player when he lived in the 'Deen, but unfortunately it wasn't the great Zero himself. 

He now lives in Wales and did the Welsh national team's suits for their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, so fair play to the bloke. 

3 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I saw Martin McIntosh, then of Hibernian, waiting behind me in the queue for an ATM in the village in East Kilbride in 2000. I'd just come back from watching Hearts beat Dunfermline 2-0 at Tynecastle and Hibs had lost 3-0 at Celtic. Mr McIntosh was clutching a takeaway pizza from Stefano's in the village. I asked him if it was comfort food. He replied, "I wasn't playing, why would I give a f**k?"

Fair enough. Always stuck with me as an interesting window into the mind of the professional.

Cracking pizza TBF.

3 hours ago, David castilla ftk said:

Last year I met o my favourite goalkeeper ayr utd legend david castilla at the top of empire state building .dont know who was mare shocked

I'd guess it was him - he was probably expecting to meet Meg Ryan and you turned up...

Archived