Albion Rovers v Stranraer

10 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Let's get started. Prediction 0-1

Rovers playing well and have confidence after two really good wins on the road. We're third in the league and the chat from some is of promotion play-offs. We also have a full-strength squad to choose from and have signed another experienced player for depth in Craig McLeish.

So, yeah, it's got to be a Stranraer victory :rolleyes:

On 14/09/2017 at 09:55, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Rovers playing well and have confidence after two really good wins on the road. We're third in the league and the chat from some is of promotion play-offs. We also have a full-strength squad to choose from and have signed another experienced player for depth in Craig McLeish.

So, yeah, it's got to be a Stranraer victory :rolleyes:

Armand One to come on as a trialist and score in injury time.

Sounds like one of those wonted "bad days at the office" for the Vers but I think we can be philosophical and say that apart from Raith, everyone is beating everyone in this league.

Had we won we would be clear in 2nd place, but Stranraer have won and instead they are in joint 2nd. It has potential to be a close league right through until May, although the season is only likely to get harder for the Rovers as our threadbare squad wears and tears.

At least the bottom 3 all got beat (to nil) too.

What was Jason Marr's red-cardable offence in the box?

1 hour ago, Albino Rover said:

What was Jason Marr's red-cardable offence in the box?

Yes, in the box -a tackle that was high and dangerous and could easily result in an injury for Okoh. Haven't seen much of Marr who was supposed to be one of our marquee signings-that's him just back from injury and I assume suspended for 2 games.

Well done to Stranraer- a very impressive display. Rovers completely undo all the good work from last week . Looked like we chucked it after the 3rd goal.

Another impressive display to add to last week's - only this time we converted some of the early chances and remained on-top for most of the game.

Saw someone else talking about AWWA - Anderson, Woods, Wallace and Agnew - and the four of them are pretty potent at the moment - all having scored now after Woodsy's strike yesterday. And Aggie appears to have moved up a couple of gears this season - great to see him grabbing a hat-trick and presenting the ball to his wee nephew! He also did well with both penalties - never easy beating the same keeper twice in a game from the spot. Pity about Okoh being halved late-on (but good to get the penalty) as it looked as if he might have been about to get a goal.

Good day out, and what i'm informed was our biggest-ever margin of victory at Cliftonhill.

My first game of the season to see the much-praised Rovers under Kerr. Terrible performance from all of the new signings, leading me to wonder why Mick Dunlop was ditched and Ross followed. Only one game, I suppose, but I'll be hard to convince that this season's defence is an upgrade on last. Stranraer are good: solid back four, untroubled by our attack. And firepower further ahead as mentioned by Clayhole. They should challenge for second place.

The easiest 3 points at Cliftonhill in many a day.The blues at present are oozing confidence and it shows in recent displays,when you have your Keeper making 2 saves in the 90 and the first after 65,that's a good omen away from home.The front men are all scoring and the defence looks pretty solid.A play off place at least looks a distinct possibility,as for Rovers maybe an off day.

Gubbed by a pretty good side who sussed out our defensive weaknesses without much ado - high line, no pace, so play it over the top and burn them off. The Stranraer fans I spoke to afterwards were surprised and delighted in equal measure and I hope they enjoyed their night.

Moving to Jason Marr, he was an absolute disgrace. Brought on because young Lightbody had the sort of 'mare young players can have, he decided he didn't fancy it any more and lunged into a shocking tackle. That should have been him back in the team, but he'll be suspended now and Lightbody will just need to play himself out of his bad patch. Marr is a player I've always liked when seeing him for other clubs, so here's hoping yesterday was an aberration.

Mick Dunlop was showing his age at the start of last season, it was sad to see him go after all his good work at the Rovers but in my opinion it was the right time for him to drop down a division, on a "high". On paper Jason Marr is more than qualified to be his replacement.

If day jobs/lifestyle weren't factors, Ross Dunlop should be at Morton/Livi right now with a view to going even higher.

Think Wallace might earn us quite a few penalties and free kicks this season.
Just hope refs don't start denying every foul on him if he gets a bit of a reputation.
Things seem to of clicked going forward and defence a bit more settled.
Three league games go and then we will have faced everyone. Would be very happy to be in the same position or better after these games.
Good week all round for the club with wins for the big team, reserves and 20's.

we can have no complaints about our team so far , pretty obvious from watching them each week that we just needed time to gel and every week we seem to get better and better. Manager is doing a superb job and players appear to be carrying out his instructions .

every reason to be confident for a successful season ..

Very good team performance yesterday with every single player playing well. I haven't been impressed so far this season with hammil playing in midfield but yesterday I though he played excellent at right back and done some great last ditch tackles . Also thought the 3 subs done well when they came on and thought okoh is definitely better suited out wide with the ball played to his feet and not stuck as a centre forward getting long balls pumped up to him. Looked like he was about to unleash a shot on goal before getting snapped. No doubt about the 2 penalties as they were both stonewallers . Really enjoyed yesterday's game and just hope that we keep the momentum going ...pies were ok as well.

Archived