Div

Welcome to P&B 4.2!

Bairnardo    5,625
Honestly pal, you think you've got it tough just being a poster, but I've got to grips with all the new hide / delete / edit / ban type features. 
As Alan Partridge said, "And they say nurses have it tough". 

Well I cant red dot people on the app so you know... A bit of perspective here.

What's this "Thanks" thing all about? You can now green dot, red dot or "purple crown" them - which you'd think would be some sort of accolade, but just appears to say "thanks". 

I guess I've just answered my own question. 

Dindeleux    3,292

I'm on the app but based on the comments and screenshots I'd just like to say this:

For about 10 years I've wished that the people at killiefc.com would change their forums to look like P+B and now it seems that it's actually P+B who have copied the lads from Ayrshire.

Rugster    5,532
2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What's this "Thanks" thing all about? You can now green dot, red dot or "purple crown" them - which you'd think would be some sort of accolade, but just appears to say "thanks". 

I guess I've just answered my own question. 

You can also heart them which is apparently like. 

Div    1,621

I've changed the ligher blue to grey on quoted posts, and reduced the size of the avatars down by 30% to reduce the spacing between posts.

Better?

So wtf is the difference between up-vote and like?

Tbh, you do need a 3rd options besides a green and a red. A green to me is like buying someone a pint, a red like kicking them in the baws. You don't really want to do either for minor responses, so thanks kinda works. But feck knows where like / upvote fit in. 

The_Kincardine    3,307
Just now, Div said:

I've changed the ligher blue to grey on quoted posts, and reduced the size of the avatars down by 30% to reduce the spacing between posts.

Better?

I still miss the "P&B Classic" theme but generally it seems absolutely fine.  Really not sure what the big fuss is about.

BUT the font size does need to be addressed.  Mostly it is too small for gentlemen of a certain age  but there also seems to be an inconsistency in font size.

Div    1,621
1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I still miss the "P&B Classic" theme but generally it seems absolutely fine.  Really not sure what the big fuss is about.

BUT the font size does need to be addressed.  Mostly it is too small for gentlemen of a certain age  but there also seems to be an inconsistency in font size.

At last some constructive feedback!

Where do you see inconsistent fonts? Body font is the same size that it was before.

Fuctifano    1,742

Reduced avatars now leaves huge circular outline on mobile version, see Screenshot 

Screenshot_2017-09-13-21-09-19-456.jpeg

The_Kincardine    3,307
1 minute ago, Div said:

At last some constructive feedback!

Where do you see inconsistent fonts? Body font is the same size that it was before.

If you scroll through the 'unread content' list you need a young child with keen eyesight to read it.  I'm pretty sure I saw someone say, "You can now lick your own posts".  Mind you, it was a vain poster who probably would.

We've lost the purple crown BWV. You might be the first, last and only recipient. :(

Nope. It's gone too. Hard cheese. Here's one to cherish

imperial_crown_of_india_4.jpg

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

44 minutes ago, Div said:

Looks fine on Chrome and Firefox, I'm sitting using it right now. Looks splendid!

It really, really doesn't.

Constructive feedback; change it back to the way it was. 

HibeeJibee    4,239
52 minutes ago, Div said:

Thanks for all the super constructive feedback :thumsup2

There is a new theme installed for those using legacy browsers like Internet Explorer. Use the theme chooser at the bottom of the board to change to legacy mode. It should probably help those on ancient unsupported crap browsers like IE (how do you survive online with that heap of shite btw!?)

The rep system has been changed back.

That's certainly sorted the massively wide screen, cheers, though only greenies are available. Difference between read/unread threads also somewhat better, though still worse than before.

If you can reduce the gaps, increase the font, and sort the bright white out (using it for more than a couple of minutes still feels like Captain Oates 'venturing outside for a little while'), I'd probably return to usual levels of contentment/"mild grumpiness" :). That or option to use the previous theme.

Edited by HibeeJibee