Welcome to P&B 4.2!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty rubbish, Div, unless it's teething troubles you'll be sorting.

Virtually all the screen is blinding white space - had to turn down the brightness to type this. Pages are many times the width of the screen. Nigh impossible to tell between read/unread posts in thread lists.

Not a fan of changing the rating system either - it and multi-quote were the redeeming features of the last "upgrade".

This is pretty rubbish, Div, unless it's teething troubles you'll be sorting.

Virtually all the screen is blinding white space - had to turn down the brightness to type this. Pages are many times the width of the screen. Nigh impossible to tell between read/unread posts in thread lists.

Not a fan of changing the rating system either - it and multi-quote were the redeeming features of the last "upgrade".

What browser are you using?

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'm on Internet Explorer. Incidentally I'd like to +1, greenie, or whatever it is now Craigkillie's post but unfortunately I'll have to right scroll for about half an hour to find the controls. Sorry CK.

^^^^^^^this

2 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Hate to say this @Div but sometimes you remind me of my ex wives.

You can't leave things alone and you always want to move the furniture about. Fucking don't.

Sometimes I don't have much of a choice. The software gets old, it stops being patched and stops being safe. I have to upgrade.

Then I upgrade and all the themes break.

In the 14 years this place has been going there has never been a good reaction to an upgrade.

Aye, I'm Dr Who, evidently Zen Archer must be K-9.

Minor point but for those of us who occasionally use a different text colour (I know, I know, anoraks and stattos) the options have now all changed to various shades of pastel. There isn't even a proper red...

Is it possible to switch back to the old style - sort of "opt-back" - or is it this or nothing?

@Div

Negatives:

The font & text size is disproportionate, from the usernames to the posts.
|  The colours, layout, profiles, black/grey boxes & dark outlines, 'emojis'/likes and being able to 'rep' yourself...

dcPZ43y.gif

It is harsh on the eyes and more difficult to read.

Positives:

@Dryhorce will be seething.
|  @8MileBU & @bennett will stop posting while they increase their reputation to 20,000.

Div'd It.

Archived