Squad face Slovenia and Slovakia

rcSsJ6d.png?1

:lol::lol::lol:

Couple of my favourite comments: "I Stopped supporting Scotland sometime ago esp since they disrespected my team our fans tonight we were the better team by far but until it’s a coach who won’t be bullied to pick Rangers players Scotland won’t have my support"

"Why don't you f**k off ya dirty bread rattling mink who cares who plays for the team it's my country of birth u utter mink wonder if u will say same if it was Rangers players in the team"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The criticism of Forrest completely ignores the job he does defensively. I counted two times in the first half alone where he tracked back and dispossessed a Slovak player, returning the ball to Scotland which then allowed us to attack again. He looked a threat whenever he got the ball and worked his socks off. He's been accused of hiding in previous games but he was always looking to get involved last night and, again, his defensive work was excellent.

Everyone worked hard but thumping the ball into the first defender or the opposite touchline isnt providing a threat....its the exact opposite in fact. He was however more mobile than Phillips.....course there are continents that shifted further than him the other night. As for defence it was Tierney that did the best work on that flank defensively. Yeah he was subdued going forward but he was excellent at back n that should be enough to see him retained.

Far more to do with luck than any skill in using his subs well.
Martin made a difference but it was obvious around 30 minutes in that having Griffiths in the middle on his own while we tried to put cross after cross in wasn't working. Phillips was absolutely rotten and it should have been him coming off for Martin, much earlier than it happened.
McArthur coming on for Fletcher was a strange one. We were desperate for a goal and he had McGinn and McGregor on the bench who are both in decent form and can do a job going forward, yet he brought on a guy who has next to no history as a creative threat of any kind, has been incredibly poor in recent internationals and is playing for a club side who are currently famous for not scoring goals.
Anya deserves credit for giving us a threat on the right and he done well for the 10 minutes he was on.
Strachan got lucky. I'm not complaining but while we are all enjoying the result we still need to accept our faults and Strachan is definitely one of them. He is far too negative in approach and rarely proactive with his changes during the game. We should have skooshed 2nd place in this group and given England a good push for first.

This might be one of the daftest posts I have ever seen

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf we also participate in post-season/pre-tournament warm-ups.

Since he debuted 7 tournaments ago we've played 9 such games (Estonia, Trinidad & Tobago, Bulgaria, Japan, Czech Rep, USA, Nigeria, Italy, France). We also played Wales and Eire in that "Nations Cup" debacle in 2011.

Bigger difference is we 'pass-up' 2 friendlies per season compared to most other nations. Plus, as noted, missing finals tournaments.

If you compare Fletcher to someone who has been a regular starter for England during the same period, like Wayne Rooney, you see the difference. Both made their international debut in 2003, yet at the time of retiring Rooney had 40 more caps than Fletcher. Rooney averaged just under 9 caps per year, Fletcher less than 6. His illness obviously accounts for some of that though.

rcSsJ6d.png?1

:lol::lol::lol:
Couple of my favourite comments: "I Stopped supporting Scotland sometime ago esp since they disrespected my team our fans tonight we were the better team by far but until it’s a coach who won’t be bullied to pick Rangers players Scotland won’t have my support"
"Why don't you f**k off ya dirty bread rattling mink who cares who plays for the team it's my country of birth u utter mink wonder if u will say same if it was Rangers players in the team"

I really don’t know what their problem with the national team is, I have been going to Scotland games since 2003 and there isn’t a massive anti English or anti Rangers element to the support, it’s just an absolute piss up.

Really enjoyed the match and like Strachan was quietly confident of a late winner, gotta love the fans for making it such a great night atmosphere when we scored the boy loved it and hasn't stopped talking and singing ever since. Good to see a bit of positivity around the game Sunday and hope we take it to them from the off. 

24 minutes ago, forameus said:

Unless we have an epic collapse tomorrow, I can't see the SFA being too keen to punt him. It's now down to whether he himself wants to stay.

On Sportsound just after the squad was announced for the Lithuania and Malta games last month they had Darryl Broadfoot as a guest, in between 40 mins or so of Strachan getting slaughtered for Callum McGregor not being called up he said something along the lines of being absolutely certain that Strachan wil quit after the campaign, no matter how it ends. 

Have to say, some of the stuff on here is brutal. We thoroughly deserved that win. Same as Slovenia home game actually. Was one of the first times I've seen Forrest live and agree with whoever it was that praised his tracking back - he gives a lot of protection to full back. Especially first half.

I've been very much anti-Strachan since failure to qualify for the Euros. Since Lithuania at home I've also been adamant that our chances for this were non-existent, struggled to get enthusiastic for any other games and still felt after the draw with England and excellent performance in Lithuania that we were still all but gone.

Fair fucks to the team and to Gordon for getting us to this point, it's been an excellent run and even though I don't like him he's certainly earned his credit.

Already nervous, which is brutal but at least it's a nice change from playing in games which feel like a dead rubber.

Archived