Squad face Slovenia and Slovakia

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, GeeJay said:

Pink strip GTF. What other country has to change their home strip to accommodate the visitors?

Any country whose home strip (allegedly) clashes with both the home and away strips of the opposition.

I think the white sleeves will need to be binned for the next campaign. 

If that is the team, my one concern is where goals are going to come from. I think Forrest does a better job than most realise defensively, but either way he doesn't offer much creatively. Phillips I'm not a great fan of, he's a bit headless chicken-y, and none of those midfield 3 are really the type who are going to be a major goal threat. Morrison will obviously be the furthest forward and scores now and then, but he's not an Armstrong type who is going to break beyond Griffiths or make runs in behind. Griffiths creating something for himself, or a set-piece, are our best bets. A pretty obvious statement but the first goal is crucial, if we get it I think we have the players in midfield to control the game and keep the ball. However if we lose the first goal I really struggle to see how we'll break a team down.

Agree that Big Fifer's team is what he's most likely to go with. It's not far off what I'd go for tbf but I'd be going for McGregor instead of Bannan. The argument about how many caps other folk have can get in the sea. What's been achieved with all those caps exactly? McGregor's a risk but on his day, he can link midfield to attack and produce something. The other three mentioned feels like sticking on 12 to me.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

That anyone would rather McGinn over Fletcher is beyond belief. Same when comparing him to Morrison and McArthur.

A Premiership regular or someone who barely stood out in our championship last season.

P&B always with the hyperbole with these things. The league's player of the year, who had seven figure bids made for him at the end of the season didn't stand out in the Championship aye?

I definitely wouldn't be playing him either but it seems a bit strange to me that we all complain about players being brought through too late, then folk greet (ken you're not necessarily doing this N_P) about a talented young player being given the odd chance in the national team.

Tbf I do understand folk getting annoyed about the inconsistency, with how badly Strachan has managed other young players. This is a rare one he's done well with though.

That anyone would rather McGinn over Fletcher is beyond belief. Same when comparing him to Morrison and McArthur.

A Premiership regular or someone who barely stood out in our championship last season.

You for real?? Fletcher hasn't been any good since 2011. He's far too slow and doesn't have the ability to pass the ball forward.

McGinn is younger, faster and has a lot of ability.

Can't remember the last time Morrison put in a decent performance for Scotland, not denying he's a good player at club level though. I'd start McArthur next to McGinn, so I never compared the two.

You for real?? Fletcher hasn't been any good since 2011. He's far too slow and doesn't have the ability to pass the ball forward.

Can't remember the last time Morrison put in a decent performance for Scotland, not denying he's a good player at club level though. I'd start McArthur next to McGinn, so I never compared the two.

Whit - Fletcher hasn't been good since 2011 whilst being a regular in the Premiership yet McGinn has been far better despite spending the past two seasons in our championship. Fletcher must be doing something right!

I'm sure we can all just agree to get right behind the actual line-up on the park.

Even though I know it will be detrimental to my health and well-being in the long run, I am starting to feel that hope... Again.

Y'know... That stuff that kills you in the end.

12 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Where's this "Fletcher's been shite since 2011" came from?  A few folk saying it now. What was his last good game, if you don't mind me asking?

The guy has turned up for every squad and done the job he's there to do for the most part, whilst fighting a horrid illness and being a fucking shining example of a professional to anyone else in the squad throughout it all.

We don't deserve nice things.

Where's this "Fletcher's been shite since 2011" came from?  A few folk saying it now. What was his last good game, if you don't mind me asking?
The guy has turned up for every squad and done the job he's there to do for the most part, whilst fighting a horrid illness and being a fucking shining example of a professional to anyone else in the squad throughout it all.
We don't deserve nice things.

2011 is the last season before his illness. Folk don't actually watch him play, they've just created this story that he's been shite since he got ill.

Getting nothing but bad feelings about this. I compare it to Thistle playing Rangers at home. A win is far from impossible but ultimately you're playing against a better team who will more than likely control most of the game. Can see another 2-2, Doolan and Sammon scoring.

On 04/10/2017 at 14:27, ArabFC said:

I'll eat my hat if Strachan doesn't replace Armstrong with Bannan for this game.

I'd predict...

Griffiths

Phillips - Bannan - Forrest

Morrison - Fletcher

Robertson - Mulgrew - Berra - Tierney

Gordon

Called it!

I also predict we won't win :unsure:

Archived