Squad face Slovenia and Slovakia

I agree we need pace and strength in these 2 games the last Slovakia game was a farce we were second to everything not even competing at corners 

We got in behind Slovakia on quite a few occasions (before the game was wrapped up).

We were terrible with the final ball (especially snodgrass) and we were bullied by them. All over the shop at the back.

But the first half of that game was not that bad and we didn't deserve to be behind at half time.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

No complaints about that, and it's good to see Cooper back. There are some really good options in the middle of the park.

Agreed,  the Hanley thing is odd right enough. He should be able to get into the Norwich team, the move to Newcastle has been a disaster for his career. Unless he breaks into the Norwich team I can see Liam Lindsay taking his place in the squad.

Anyone have an idea when Callum Paterson is due back? Be good to have a proper RB in the squad, I'd still play Tierney though.

Strachan says that Russell Martin and Naismith are not in the squad because they are not getting games for Norwich. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41386962

"On Martin and Naismith's omission, Strachan said: "They would like to be in the squad but they know and I know that not getting any games for Norwich is not conducive to what they normally bring to the squad."

So why include Anya who has not played a single minute of league football this season? He has made one appearance in the EFL Cup. 

Strachan says that Russell Martin and Naismith are not in the squad because they are not getting games for Norwich. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41386962
"On Martin and Naismith's omission, Strachan said: "They would like to be in the squad but they know and I know that not getting any games for Norwich is not conducive to what they normally bring to the squad."
So why include Anya who has not played a single minute of league football this season? He has made one appearance in the EFL Cup. 

Different positions? Less cover in those areas?

Squad correctly along expected lines and the only one who can feel hard done by is Callum McGregor.

In terms of how I'd line up v Slovakia, I would drop Forrest for Fraser and that would be it. Morrison will likely come in for McArthur but it is six and half a dozen for me as to either of them.

Squad correctly along expected lines and the only one who can feel hard done by is Callum McGregor.

In terms of how I'd line up v Slovakia, I would drop Forrest for Fraser and that would be it. Morrison will likely come in for McArthur but it is six and half a dozen for me as to either of them.

I'd say Fleck could perhaps feel hard done by too but he wouldn't be a starter anyway.

I'm not a huge fan of Bannan but don't understand the opprobrium he gets here. I saw him recently in the flesh at Fulham-Sheff Wed and he was man of the match playing in a deep-lying midfield role (he does not play on the wing as suggested above) and he has played consistently well for them. I certainly wouldn't start him for Scotland but he's a tidy, decent player who is useful to have around the squad.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

He literally says it in his quote.  "is not conducive to what they normally bring to the squad".  As in, he believes that the type of players they are, not getting game time would be extra detrimental.  He clearly thinks different with Anya, or believes that it's a risk worth taking.  I disagree, but it's pretty easy to see what he's getting at.

Take it @adolforios has had a stroke (going by the keech on the last few pages)?

Quite honestly have no idea how that happened. I was in Rome the last few days and barely been on here. Must have fallen asleep on my phone with the app running.

Think I've deleted them all now [emoji51]. Apologies to all [emoji23]

Can't wait for the media to circle jerk over McGregor again. Brendan Rodgers has a cheek saying he should be in the squad when he hardly trusts McGregor to play 90 mins a week for him.

This. McGregor is a good potential international but he's got to prove undroppable for Celtic like Armstrong did (er, before he got dropped at the start of this season)

6 hours ago, LondonSons said:

I'm not a huge fan of Bannan but don't understand the opprobrium he gets here. I saw him recently in the flesh at Fulham-Sheff Wed and he was man of the match playing in a deep-lying midfield role (he does not play on the wing as suggested above) and he has played consistently well for them. I certainly wouldn't start him for Scotland but he's a tidy, decent player who is useful to have around the squad.

I know he doesn't play there for Wednesday, but on the wing is where Strachan used him earlier in the campaign.

Archived