Annan Athletic -vs- Stenhousemuir

Let's kick things off with a fun fact: Stenhousemuir were the first side to visit Galabank after Annan Athletic's ascension to the SFL in 2008. How about that!

Like last week, I can't pretend to know all that much about our latest opposition. Are Annan a good side? Why did all their players sign for Clyde? Can they get the better of the Warriors? Will Stenny offer more than playing long balls towards their strikers? Tune in on Saturday to find out!

I don't see any reason for Stenhousemuir to alter last week's winning XI:

- Mark McGuigan - Jamie Longworth -

- Jimmy Scott - Mark Ferry - Harry Paton - Nathan Blockley -

- Ruaridh Donaldson - Mick Dunlop - Ross Dunlop - Ross Meechan -

- Chris Smith -

I'd be disappointed if we didn't take a point from this game at the very least. We're unbeaten in four matches and, after last week's results, we're keeping pace with the sides above us (not that I think we're likely to win the division, but still). Taking something from this match will be an important step to maintaining our place in the top four and pulling away from the teams beneath us.

So lads, how did this go down? I imagine it followed the same pattern as most of our away trips this season - a dominant-enough first half where we took the lead followed by a disappointing second where the midfield wilted and the opposition took control?

Looking forward to reading what happened. Given the clamour surrounding this fixture, I don't think we'll have long to wait!

Well, you weren't too far off with your analysis, although to be fair, Annan never looked like scoring, their penalty aside. We had three chances at the start of the 2nd half to put the game to bed, including a shot from McGuigan off the post. Ross Dunlop missed a great chance in the 90th minute and then with the last kick off the ball the ref bottled a penalty decision. Even had Bomber giving the ref grief at the end. A definite two points dropped.

Archived