Binge Watching

19QOS19

I don't mean watching 2 or 3 episodes in a row because you're engrossed. I mean watching a Series constantly for a week or two.

I do this regularly with Sitcom's. I'll go through phases of what show I'll watch. I'll watch the show all the way through and then rewatch episodes again (depending how many episodes there are in total).

I'm currently binging on BBC's Him and Her just now. I started last week some time and given there are only 25 episodes I've watched a few episodes more than once or twice in the last week.

The last Sitcom was Seinfeld. Mobdro has it on a loop and I tuned in every night and even if it was one I'd recently seen I'd keep it on.

After a week or two I'll probably be on to something else and won't come back to my current show for months. Does anyone else do this or am I the only nutcase?

I have given up on almost all of my regular viewing because it got out of hand with the amount of shows I was trying to cram into a week. I decided to just stop and let the shows finish their runs and I'll go back and binge them once the show is finished.

At the moment my only weekly viewing is Ray Donovan and Ballers. I'm also on Mad Men & Always Sunny for my binges right now. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't mean watching 2 or 3 episodes in a row because you're engrossed. I mean watching a Series constantly for a week or two.

I do this regularly with Sitcom's. I'll go through phases of what show I'll watch. I'll watch the show all the way through and then rewatch episodes again (depending how many episodes there are in total).

I'm currently binging on BBC's Him and Her just now. I started last week some time and given there are only 25 episodes I've watched a few episodes more than once or twice in the last week.

The last Sitcom was Seinfeld. Mobdro has it on a loop and I tuned in every night and even if it was one I'd recently seen I'd keep it on.

After a week or two I'll probably be on to something else and won't come back to my current show for months. Does anyone else do this or am I the only nutcase?

Same, really, although I dont rewatch episodes in the same run-through.

The two main ones are Big Bang Theory (although I stopped around season 8 last time) and The Office (US), which Im currently in the second last series of.

Theres a few other series I do the same with but they tend to be shorter runs. I do need another longer show to watch, might end up being Brooklyn 99, I think that what Im going to rewatch next.

I tend to watch a couple of episodes at lunchtime and then sometimes at home too. I have to split my viewing into "things I can watch while the kids are around" and everything else! 

I watched the first season of Heroes in a weekend. I also watched a marathon of Man vs Food for about 8 hours. It was fun watching Adam Richman get fatter and fatter as the afternoon progressed.

netflix marvel series ive binge watched, done the defenders recently in the space of 24hrs that included a 9 hour shift in work lol

other shows i can binge are usually ones that dont require too much thinking to watch, comedy shows usually, can stick scrubs on knowing i dont need to concentrate

funnily enough showsthat i cant binge watch are ones that im late to the party with, things like narcos, son of anarchy etc, dont know what it is but i watch an episode every night instead

• 1 month later...

Binge watching is the way to do it IMO. With the exception of the odd show, most council telly, Sky, BT etc is fucking dreadful nowadays anyway.

Rarely find the time to flick through channels (and rarely find anything of interest anyway) so tend to just get hooked on a show or two at a time and cram as many episodes in as I can, when I can.

Binge watched S1&2 of Fear The Walking Dead during a week off work, then got started on The Walking Dead, and battered through S1-6 afterwards. It’s brutal when you catch up and need to wait a week though!

Been binging on Stranger Things 2 this week and about to watch the last episode just now. Tempted to download Narcos next, but toying with catching up on Peaky Blinders first as I’ve seen S1. However, I’ve been watching Ray Donovan with the missus, and not far into S2, so plenty to be getting on with!

Archived