Dr Foster

Stevo Fife

I think it was a good moral to the story and an unexpected twist (Simon killing himself would have been far too obvious) but Tom running away doesn't really work as there are only so many places a 16 year old can end up. I bet loads of 16/17 year olds do this in the UK then realise they can't afford to live or can't look after themselves and then return home, he didn't seem like the sort of teenager who was mature enough to look after himself anyway. Would have made more sense to the story if he had just jumped in front of a car but that wouldn't have left the door open for a third series.  

Pretty poor end to what was a very watchable and grabbing drama.

Yes, very disappointing ending to a great series. Simon is a twat and would have been a fitting end if he jumped in front of a car. Young Tom is a bit of a sad sack but no wonder living in that kind of world.

Not sure if there will be a 3rd season. Hard one to follow on from that ending.

Jones is a cracking actress.

The last 60 seconds ruined the entire second season for me, end it on Gemma giving Simon the sentimental pictures and let our imagines run wild as to whether they played happy family again or if Kate returns.

I suspect a third season although I probably won’t tune in for it. Why do BBC ruin every decent program? First Luther, now this.

14 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

The last 60 seconds ruined the entire second season for me, end it on Gemma giving Simon the sentimental pictures and let our imagines run wild as to whether they played happy family again or if Kate returns.

I suspect a third season although I probably won’t tune in for it. Why do BBC ruin every decent program? First Luther, now this.

I don't think they ruined it it just could have been better. For the time they spent focusing on Tom his character could have been crying out for help far more and he would have still been of lesser interest to Gemma and Simon for the viewer. Him throwing himself under a car could have been the perfect ending if they had done it a bit differently and there could still be a third series to come of it. Having him run away as a 16 year old with just the clothes on his back in modern day Britain just doesn't work, his parents would find him within a week easily. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Binge watched the first series of this the other week, and thought it was brilliant on the whole. Found her friends to be complete shite bags, felt like everybody was in on it, and just didn't tell her. Ros was a particular annoyance throughout. 

Not watched the second series yet due to mixed reviews, but imagine I shall get through it at some stage.

Archived