Tipping

Jmothecat2

my barber charged £9 for a long time. It was a straightforward case of giving a tenner and not waiting for change.

It is now £9.50. I have tried letting them keep the change off a tenner and paying £10.50 but neither feels right.

What should i do?

(these are employees, not the owner)

Burn down the barbers?
Pay the tenner. The owner has fucked it for them. Out of your hands.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, coprolite said:

my barber charged £9 for a long time. It was a straightforward case of giving a tenner and not waiting for change.

It is now £9.50. I have tried letting them keep the change off a tenner and paying £10.50 but neither feels right.

What should i do?

(these are employees, not the owner)

Assuming the 50p isnae going to make you destitute give them the £10.50 ffs. No brainer.

Assuming the 50p isnae going to make you destitute give them the £10.50 ffs. No brainer.

I'm with cop on this one though. Yes it's tipping the same amount as previously but handing a tenner over then rummaging about for a 50p is rather more awkward than handing a tenner over and saying keep the change. To me that is like instead of saying "I'm so happy with the service that I'm not bothered about getting any change back" you're saying "I've thought about your efforts and calculated that your service has been worth exactly a pound".

I'm with cop on this one though. Yes it's tipping the same amount as previously but handing a tenner over then rummaging about for a 50p is rather more awkward than handing a tenner over and saying keep the change. To me that is like instead of saying "I'm so happy with the service that I'm not bothered about getting any change back" you're saying "I've thought about your efforts and calculated that your service has been worth exactly a pound".

Aye, that's it. £11 might be better but I don't want to be flash.

I have a similar issue, started getting my hair cut in a place that tbf probably doesn't get many guys in , but it was right across the road and a gents cut was only £7. Always gave a tenner and tipped the change then in the space of a few months the price went up to 8 then to £9 where it is now. Still give a tenner but recently took my 2 kids there as well ( they're 4 and 2 ) and was amazed when they were charged £8 each ! No tip given and very likely that I'll be going elsewhere from now on!

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:52, Granny Danger said:

They certainly do in Spain.  Have done for many years too.*

Nothong to do with my post but I hope that helps.

* Haven't been in a McDonalds here for decades but they certainly did when we brought the kids 30 years ago, a beer made the place tolerable.

What a picture that conjures up...

But you risk a trap. When it becomes £10 even you aren't going to reduce your tip, so you who up end up giving him £12. When the cut creeps up to £12 you're paying £15 standing in the barber's scratching your head wishing you were bald.

But you risk a trap. When it becomes £10 even you aren't going to reduce your tip, so you who up end up giving him £12. When the cut creeps up to £12 you're paying £15 standing in the barber's scratching your head wishing you were bald.

it's a her.

I often think I shouldn't tip her at all because of her maily views (brexit means we'll be allowed to do something about the muslims, apparently).
On the other hand her fat paps often rub on my head, which I quite like.

it's a her.

I often think I shouldn't tip her at all because of her maily views (brexit means we'll be allowed to do something about the muslims, apparently).

You’re tipping a fat brexit bint. I no longer care about your issues. You deserve all the bad luck you get.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

it's a her.

There's only one right answer here.

Archived