Tipping

Jmothecat2

I'm more likely to tip a taxi for a short journey.
If I get 1 from Edinburgh to Falkirk they will get the fare and that's the lot

Similar , fare from my house to the train station is £3.50, they always get a fiver. Fare from the train station back to my house is £5-6 , they get f*** all and I'll wait for any change.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Certainly. You may also be other nationalities, not sure of your circumstances and not sure whether Hong Kongian is considered a nationality in its own right in the same way that, say, Scottish or English are.

They have their own passports.  But they are considered Chinese, although many describe themselves as Hong Kong Chinese.  Actually, I'm not a citizen...only a resident,  so I don't qualify for a passport.  My son was born there, so qualifies for a passport.  Hong Kong is called Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China - really a city only.

Similar , fare from my house to the train station is £3.50, they always get a fiver. Fare from the train station back to my house is £5-6 , they get f*** all and I'll wait for any change.

They should get f**k all if they are charging you more money for the same length journey!

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are you trying to say that Mo Farah isn't British because he wasn't born here? 

What I'm saying, not trying to say, is that Hitler was Austrian.  It's as simple as that and any c**t who doesn't like it can go and take a flying f**k at themselves.

I will entertain no more whataboutery.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

What I'm saying, not trying to say, is that Hitler was Austrian.  It's as simple as that and any c**t who doesn't like it can go and take a flying f**k at themselves.

^^^Whataboutist.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

National and ethnic identity are a human construct and at the time Austrians were considered German although they didn't live in a state called Germany. Prussians and Bavarians were also Germans before the state called Germany existed.

Due to the fact that Germany made the world both mad and very, very disappointed from 1933  - 1945  Austrians have dropped pan Germanism and like to be thought of as Austrian.

Just now, The OP said:

National and ethnic identity are a human construct and at the time Austrians were considered German although they didn't live in a state called Germany. Prussians and Bavarians were also Germans before the state called Germany existed.

Due to the fact that Germany made the world both mad and very, very disappointed from 1933  - 1945  Austrians have dropped pan Germanism and like to be thought of as Austrian.

They'll be back!

I never said he wasn't Austrian. I said he was German, because he was. It's quite possible to be both.

You, for some reason, have decided that someone who lived most of his life in Germany, served in the German Army, married a German, died in Germany*, used his political influence to ensure that the country of his birth was part of Germany, was Chancellor of Germany and had German citizenship wasn't German.

A ludicrous statement that makes a comparison with idiots who class Farah as "Unbritish" perfectly valid.

By your definition, Bruce Willis is German but Adolf Hitler isn't.

Mental.

*allegedly.

Also, there used to be large communities of Germans all over Europe - the Volga Germans, the Sudetenland Germans. It wouldn't have been unusual for people at that time to consider themselves German but be born elsewhere or even to have never visited Germany.

I never said he wasn't Austrian. I said he was German, because he was. It's quite possible to be both.

You, for some reason, have decided that someone who lived most of his life in Germany, served in the German Army, married a German, died in Germany*, used his political influence to ensure that the country of his birth was part of Germany, was Chancellor of Germany and had German citizenship wasn't German.

A ludicrous statement that makes a comparison with idiots who class Farah as "Unbritish" perfectly valid.

By your definition, Bruce Willis is German but Adolf Hitler isn't.

Mental.

*allegedly.

hans gruber was the german, not Bruce Willis.

Bruce is an Australian name.

Why can't you dumbos tell the difference between germans and australians?

the russians are the worst tippers.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

hans gruber was the german, not Bruce Willis.

Bruce is an Australian name.

Why can't you dumbos tell the difference between germans and australians?

the russians are the worst tippers.

Bruce Willis was born in  Idar-Oberstein. The Germans are the ones without the mullets who are into scat fun.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Also, there used to be large communities of Germans all over Europe - the Volga Germans, the Sudetenland Germans. It wouldn't have been unusual for people at that time to consider themselves German but be born elsewhere or even to have never visited Germany.

The British Royal Family!!

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 14:46, Fullerene said:

When Germany decided to annex Austria in March 1938, most Austrians were glad to join a Greater Germany.
Hitler wasn't German, he was Austrian but then the Austrians were happy to be German.
Seem perfectly straightforward.

Did you conduct a poll of some kind to support this statement?

Archived