Saints v Sons

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I get the feeling you're less than happy with the gaffer who has you top of the league? Cup runs are nice but surely the bigger picture for St Mirren is getting back to the Prem?

Shull would be right at home in the Morton thread. He loves a good argument with a fellow supporter so throws out controversial nonsense like all of his posts above and will repeat himself relentlessly until he gets a fight. He's also a serial abuser of others who is the first and loudest to moan when someone gives him a bit of stick back.

I genuinely don't put too much stock into the challenge cup as it's a non-entity of a competition but went to all three games. I'd say a lot of Buds are in the same boat. If we win it or get to the final it's all very nice but until then, it's just a distraction.

JR realises football is about having strength in depth in the squad and JR was well within his rights to try a few of these guys out on Saturday. A couple looked decent, most didn't. No real harm done.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJC is still obsessed and still loves me. :wub:

My posts were " controversial nonsense " because I wanted my team to win a Cup Tie . :lol:

Suppose the Premiership is a non -entity of a tournament as we will never win it ?

Glory is in the 3 National Cup competitions.

No Open Top Bus Parade for finishing Third in the Top league

5 minutes ago, shull said:

My posts were " controversial nonsense " because I wanted my team to win a Cup Tie . :lol:

Suppose the Premiership is a non -entity of a tournament as we will never win it ?

See? No one can reply to him or contradict him, if you do, it's an obsession. :lol:  Your posts are controversial nonsense as you clearly do it to provoke a reaction. Three weeks ago you literally called Jack Ross a 'GOD!' now you're calling him a disgrace over a cup tie that we lost. :lol: 

Oh, and there are two national cup competitions, not three. The challenge cup is not one of them as it's not open to every league team (let's be honest, colt teams don't count). Much like the FA trophy and EFL trophy aren't national cup competitions in England.

I had typed out that I'd take 3rd in the championship and a playoff victory over an Irn Bru cup win and then just re-read what you'd typed....are you genuinely suggesting you'd take an Irn Bru cup win over seeing St. Mirren finish 3rd in the Premier League?! :lol: 

And Ross will be a God again when we hammer Dumbarton on Saturday. ( Remind me to change Title of Thread again. Dinnae tell Poz )

He deserved my flak after last week's debacle.

3rd ??

My point being , we have a chance to win one of the Cup competitions.

Absolutely no chance of winning the Premiership, maybe 3rd at best.

Mentioned before, my top 2 Saints Matches of all time ,  17/3/13 followed by 16/5/87.

Loved many many hundreds more including Challenge Cup 2005.

7 hours ago, shull said:

I'd be fucking mortified if we had an open top bus for an Irn Bru cup win :lol:

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We had an Open Top Bus Parade in 2006 to celebrate both our League Win and Challenge Cup Triumph.

Wonderful occasion. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Since you guys are more concerned with diddy cups and the likes, we'll just take the three points on Saturday to avoid any distractions, ok?

But we are out the diddy cup now. All this winning in the league has distracted us from our true aim of securing the Irn Bru Cup and an open topped bus parade through Paisley. Season is basically over. Might as well go for the consolation prize of trying to get promoted.

8 minutes ago, shull said:

The only advantage of being in the Top League is that it gives us a better chance of winning the Scottish Cup and League Cup. 

But less chance of winning the Irn Bru Cup which is the priority for all true fans.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

But less chance of winning the Irn Bru Cup which is the priority for all true fans.

On the contrary Sir. 

Our super Colts will stroll the Irn-Bru Cup. 

Open Top Doodah is getting ready to leave the Garage. 

Cup Treble 

On 12/10/2017 at 07:03, Coventry Saint said:

Thankfully the open top bus in 2006 was really to celebrate us winning the Reserve League Cup. We should be actively campaigning for this prestigious competition to be reinstated immediately.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Thankfully the open top bus in 2006 was really to celebrate us winning the Reserve League Cup. We should be actively campaigning for this prestigious competition to be reinstated immediately.

Shull could do the whole open top taxi run.

Dougie Hill out for us which is a bit of a b*****d. Suppose it means Mango Barr drops back into defence but I think we'd all rather he was partnering Hill than Dowie.  I expect this line up:

Gallacher

Wardrop - Dowie - Barr - McLaughlin

Hutton - Wilson

Froxylias - Stewart - Walsh

Nade

That central midfield two gives me the fear against the likes of McGinn but we don't have any other players so that's what it will be.  I think I'm glad I'm missing it, I don't have a great feeling at all about this.

Archived