Saints v Sons

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do agree that Gallacher is at fault there but that picture also neatly shows both of our centre halves standing and watching Sutton power in an unchallenged header. Not good enough from the defence as a whole. 

If the keeper is going for it the centre halves are hardly going to challenge as well. They'd expect the keeper to get it

7 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

If the keeper is going for it the centre halves are hardly going to challenge as well. They'd expect the keeper to get it

Nobody is marking Sutton at all. It's criminal to leave him on his own even if you think the keeper is coming for it. Surely Dowie or Barr should at the very least be trying to block Sutton's run or put him off? Standing watching him challenge the keeper is poor IMO.

I do agree that Gallacher is at fault there but that picture also neatly shows both of our centre halves standing and watching Sutton power in an unchallenged header. Not good enough from the defence as a whole. 

Defo. It's not really fair to judge it from a photo, the defenders have made the keeper look even worse there but the angle shows how much of a swing and a miss it was as well.

Nobody is marking Sutton at all. It's criminal to leave him on his own even if you think the keeper is coming for it. Surely Dowie or Barr should at the very least be trying to block Sutton's run or put him off? Standing watching him challenge the keeper is poor IMO.

Defo. It's not really fair to judge it from a photo, the defenders have made the keeper look even worse there but the angle shows how much of a swing and a miss it was as well.

I think we can all agree that both of them are utter dung, and have been since they signed. Dowie being a bit of a p***k doesn't exactly help his cause.

The sooner we are shot of the both of them the better.

Barr for captain. Good player, sound c**t, slightly mental and an absolute ride of a guy. All boxes ticked.

1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:

Kirkpatrick didn't play against Raith.

Sorry.

Should have added on the other teams that we've played in the irn bru cup and/or when the fringe players got a run out.

But I think you knew that.;)

14 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

If all football players went around expecting their teammates to deal with everything we'd get nowhere. As Moonster has already said, Sutton should have been able to get anywhere near that height because Dowie should have been between him and the goal.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If it hadn't been for your goalie we would have been five up at half time. I remember we spoke back in April when I was laughed at for suggesting saints would survive and be stronger next season.  Well we weren't at our best bit it was a well earned victory.  

If it hadn't been for your goalie we would have been five up at half time. I remember we spoke back in April when I was laughed at for suggesting saints would survive and be stronger next season.  Well we weren't at our best bit it was a well earned victory.  

We could have scored 5 in the first half ourselves

1 hour ago, Norrie82 said:

I don't remember laughing at any such suggestion in April.

1 hour ago, Norrie82 said:

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't remember laughing at any such suggestion in April.

Me neither. In fact I wrote this in the Lennox about a month later:

Football is a game of two halves, and St Mirren’s was a season that followed the same pattern. After 18 games, the Buddies had just 11 points, sat six adrift of Dunfermline Athletic having played a game more, and looked like relegation certainties. Alex Rae’s summer recruitment had been poor, and his replacement, Jack Ross, looked as if he would fail to change their fortunes. January proved a turning point however, with the arrival of Stelios Demetriou, Cammy Smith, Rory Loy, Billy O’Brien, Harry Davis and, above all else, modern day club icon, Stephen McGinn transforming their season. Over their next 18 games they picked up 28 points, surviving on the final day following a draw with Champions Hibernian. If they can keep the core of the squad together, a title charge under Ross next season looks highly likely.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Me neither. In fact I wrote this in the Lennox about a month later:

I noted that oor Norrie only has 37 posts so I thought it will be easy enough ti find us Sons fans laughing at his suggestion that St Mirren will be better than us this year. Here's what he actually said in April...

On 09/04/2017 at 20:19, Norrie82 said:

St. Mirren have been playing really good football of late and it is enjoyable.  It's enjoyable playing football teams like United and hibs and winning and even when we lose fair enough. Saints didn't play yesterday but Dumbarton didn't let them. Fair play they got what they came for. It is clear though that they are a horrible team to watch and I am certain that regardless of what happens this year relegation or not st.mirren will always at least try and pass the ball and produce young players such as kenny maclean, John mcginn, Lewis Morgan and stevie Mallan. Dumbarton will return to league 1 where they belong amongst the other hammer throwers of Scottish football.  

On 09/04/2017 at 20:26, Norrie82 said:

Actually ask the folk on here our football has been tremendous for a.team at the bottom.  I have enjoyed it and I want to also add kyle magennis and Kyle mcallister who left for Derby as other young players I really enjoy watch "play football".  Have your Darren Barrs and Christian Nades any day of the week. Fact is your shite to watch. 

:lol:

Deary me.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I noted that oor Norrie only has 37 posts so I thought it will be easy enough ti find us Sons fans laughing at his suggestion that St Mirren will be better than us this year. Here's what he actually said in April...

:lol:

Deary me.

:lol: That is a great find

Mon the hammer throwers

Archived