Saints v Sons

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights, Dowie is shouting at Froxy as soon as he loses the ball for the first goal. Perhaps he should worry about what he has to do first. The second goal is a toss up between the goalie and him.

Froxy should absolutely stay on his feet. Thats two goals he's cost us between that and stranraer last week.

Just watched the highlights, Dowie is shouting at Froxy as soon as he loses the ball for the first goal. Perhaps he should worry about what he has to do first. The second goal is a toss up between the goalie and him.

Froxy should absolutely stay on his feet. Thats two goals he's cost us between that and stranraer last week.

That is quite a good spot re the first goal. I thought Dowie played well yesterday, but both goals could've been potentially avoided if he'd focused on defending and not his teammates.

Hopefully Hill will be fixed up for next weekend, even then though I don't see Stevie dropping his captain.

It looked to me like the second goal was the keepers fault all the way to be honest. Even if the defender had gone in there with Sutton he would have just been getting in the way of what should have been an easy enough take for the goalie. In fact, the keeper probably called for it as well.

Second goal was definitely Gallacher's fault. He appeared to get smaller as he jumped. Sutton's head was above Gallacher's outstretched arms.

Delighted for big Sutton, what a fantastic professional the guy is, many would have spat the dummy this year, and understandably so but any time he is called upon he gives us everything.

52 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Second goal was definitely Gallacher's fault. He appeared to get smaller as he jumped. Sutton's head was above Gallacher's outstretched arms.

Delighted for big Sutton, what a fantastic professional the guy is, many would have spat the dummy this year, and understandably so but any time he is called upon he gives us everything.

Why "understandably so"?

He's failed to get a starting place in a team that's won 7 games out of 9.:blink:

I like Sutton, and was delighted that he contributed to  the win on Saturday.

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Why "understandably so"?

He's failed to get a starting place in a team that's won 7 games out of 9.:blink:

He's also basically competing with strikers who've scored about 15 goals between them already this season. It's a good problem to have.

What I will say is, whether Jack's selections up front have been right or wrong (and we're three points clear at the top, so I'd go for the former), and whether or not JR and JS have issues between them, they both seem capable of being professional and doing what's best for the club. Ross doesn't seem to be one of those managers that's so stubborn he won't give a performing player a chance when the time is right.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Absolutely this. Gallacher is a huge guy but he's so soft it's unreal. The ball is in the 6 yard box, he should be punching the ball and Sutton's head into next week there but he throws up a weak arm and Sutton powers it in.

First goal is criminal from Froxy and our defence but so is our finishing to be honest. I wasn't there and I'm encouraged by the comments of our fans but Gallacher, Dowie and our shyness in front of goal needs to change. New keeper is a must for me, Gallacher doesn't inspire confidence and it leads to us losing goals. Someone with a bit of composure in the final third would be lovely too (Sutton if Saints are moving him on in January would be nice).

Why "understandably so"?

Fair point, I'm not suggesting he deserves a start every week but I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip. Against Raith we played a near second string team, and the game was crying out for him, yet he never made the pitch.

Absolutely this. Gallacher is a huge guy but he's so soft it's unreal. The ball is in the 6 yard box, he should be punching the ball and Sutton's head into next week there but he throws up a weak arm and Sutton powers it in.
First goal is criminal from Froxy and our defence but so is our finishing to be honest. I wasn't there and I'm encouraged by the comments of our fans but Gallacher, Dowie and our shyness in front of goal needs to change. New keeper is a must for me, Gallacher doesn't inspire confidence and it leads to us losing goals. Someone with a bit of composure in the final third would be lovely too (Sutton if Saints are moving him on in January would be nice).

Couldn't agree more. Gallacher is potentially the worst I've ever seen at Dumbarton.

His errors will absolutely cost us points throughout the season and that is something we can ill afford. At the minute it's the odd goal which we have mostly managed to bounce back from or have been part of a 2 or more goal defeat, but I have no doubt he will eventually fling one in the 90th minute when we are 1-0 up or drawing to cost us points.

Get him to f**k asap. I'd be seeking an emergency loan or free agent to replace him with prior to the January window such is his shiteness. Questions also have to be asked as to why our no2 is not a viable replacement. I like Jazza but if he's not fit to play he absolutely shouldn't be our only backup goalkeeper.

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Fair point, I'm not suggesting he deserves a start every week but I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip. Against Raith we played a near second string team, and the game was crying out for him, yet he never made the pitch.

Maybe that is because the last game that he featured in (second half v Dunfermline) he was rank rotten?

Maybe that is because the last game that he featured in (second half v Dunfermline) he was rank rotten?

Whilst that is true, if playing poorly in that game meant not featuring again we would have few players to choose from.

Anyway, my point was that plenty of other players wouldn't have the same level of professionalism in his situation. Credit to the guy for that.

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I think JR know exactly what Sutton offers to the team.

As for Kirkpatrick, Stewart etc., IMO he's still finding out if they can make the step up., hence the team selection v Raith.

5 hours ago, houston_bud said:

A condition otherwise known as Nish Syndrome.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely this. Gallacher is a huge guy  New keeper is a must for me, Gallacher doesn't inspire confidence and it leads to us losing goals. Someone with a bit of composure in the final third would be lovely too (Sutton if Saints are moving him on in January would be nice).

You'll be happy with David Clarkson and Jamie Langfield then.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

2e32468c4cd7917aade4eb380c04b4b5.jpg

Pic from our official snapper. Pretty much what we seen from his limited appearances last season, wasn't impressed with him when he played for Alloa but their fans raved about him.

Don't think I'd swap Samson for any other keeper in the league tbh.

I do agree that Gallacher is at fault there but that picture also neatly shows both of our centre halves standing and watching Sutton power in an unchallenged header. Not good enough from the defence as a whole. 

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I do agree that Gallacher is at fault there but that picture also neatly shows both of our centre halves standing and watching Sutton power in an unchallenged header. Not good enough from the defence as a whole. 

It's also a majestic leap from Sutton!

Archived