Saints v Sons

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Away end looked pretty much sold out to me (I only saw a few empty seats on the very front row next to the end wall).  And I know of a few Buds that went into the Home end. Do Dumbarton report the number of Home fans and Away fans or is it just the total?

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Have to say a ( big ) well done to Dumbarton F.C. your stadium was very organized  yesterday  no long queues at the gate. Half time down to the catering facilities with two catering facilities running so no long queues again. Dumbarton FC should invite Dunfermline official's along to teach them how to run an away end. This might sound silly but you had to experience the farce at Dunfemline to understand where im coming from. 

Dumbarton were certainly a hell of a lot better more organised than the shambles that is Dunfermline.

However there was one area they could have improved on - and to be fair this is applicable to most clubs. On entry the Stewards should make it clear it is 'sit where you like' or 'you must sit in your allocated seat' as yesterday there was a lot of jousting about as folk demanded their 'allocated' seats and some refused to move as there seemed to be no vacant seats left at kick-off. Personally I think a ticket should give you entry only and you can sit where you like which avoids the hassle of having arguments. But whatever it is please make it clear as different grounds use different criteria.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Attendance 1178, Dumbarton’s greed backfired on them. Had the admission price been more reasonable they would probably have gotten 500-600 more.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Was the away end pretty quiet then?

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

No it never.

We could pay folk 22 quid to come and watch us and the home end wouldn't get an extra 500 or 600.

27 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Very few seats left in our end. 

26 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

The Away end looked pretty much sold out to me (I only saw a few empty seats on the very front row next to the end wall).  And I know of a few Buds that went into the Home end. Do Dumbarton report the number of Home fans and Away fans or is it just the total?

When you look at the highlights, nearly all the empty seats are in the Home end.  For me, that means we pretty much maximised our income with the pricing for the game.  We will have pretty much the same home end attendance whether we charge £20 or £2 a ticket.

Re Sutton's goal, it's hard to tell due to the new camera angle (which I like better) but it looks like Dowie should have been picking him up, but wasn't.  Mind you, seeing as Sutton nodded it in from the centre of the goal, about 3 or 4 yards out, tops, I'd expect my keeper to gather the ball before Sutton gets his head on it.

51 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Dumbarton were certainly a hell of a lot better more organised than the shambles that is Dunfermline.

However there was one area they could have improved on - and to be fair this is applicable to most clubs. On entry the Stewards should make it clear it is 'sit where you like' or 'you must sit in your allocated seat' as yesterday there was a lot of jousting about as folk demanded their 'allocated' seats and some refused to move as there seemed to be no vacant seats left at kick-off. Personally I think a ticket should give you entry only and you can sit where you like which avoids the hassle of having arguments. But whatever it is please make it clear as different grounds use different criteria.

Fucking roasters wanting a specific seat and do Gooders someone asked me to move and I told them to jog on and sit on their arse somewhere else. 

Having watched the highlights again, not much has changed in my view of the game. We didn't look anywhere near sharp enough in the final third. Froxy is not fouled in the lead up to the goal (I didn't think he was at the time). Dowie should be picking up Sutton and as soon as the ball hits the net starts shouting at everyone. Yeah, it's  in 'keeper territory but that doesn't excuse him having a completely free header.

2 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Having watched the highlights again, not much has changed in my view of the game. We didn't look anywhere near sharp enough in the final third. Froxy is not fouled in the lead up to the goal (I didn't think he was at the time). Dowie should be picking up Sutton and as soon as the ball hits the net starts shouting at everyone. Yeah, it's  in 'keeper territory but that doesn't excuse him having a completely free header.

Can see why you have a good home record . 

If it's in keeper territory it kind of does explain it. A cross like that you would expect the keeper to be out on before it gets near a forward. By the time the defence realises the keeper isn't coming it's too late

7 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

If it's in keeper territory it kind of does explain it. A cross like that you would expect the keeper to be out on before it gets near a forward. By the time the defence realises the keeper isn't coming it's too late

To be fair a defender should never just leave his man totally free (especially if his man is a striker renowned for his aerial threat) because he is expecting his 'keeper to come for it. I said at the time I felt Gallacher could've dealt with it a bit better, but I didn't expect Sutton to be totally unchallenged.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

I spoke to a steward when looking for my seat he said sit anywhere which i did. 

A lot of people didn't , which led to some confusion.

Why put seat numbers on tickets when you're not going to enforce allocated seating?

No big deal in the end.

Why put seat numbers on tickets when you're not going to enforce allocated seating?
No big deal in the end.

Agreed, seems quite bizarre.

Can hardly blame folk for trying to sit on their allocated seat.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

To be fair a defender should never just leave his man totally free (especially if his man is a striker renowned for his aerial threat) because he is expecting his 'keeper to come for it. I said at the time I felt Gallacher could've dealt with it a bit better, but I didn't expect Sutton to be totally unchallenged.

More or less this. I'm not saying this is all Dowie's fault but more that they share the blame. Regardless of whether Dowie thinks it should be the 'keepers ball, he can't leave his man free to run in and challenge for it. Quite often teams will surround the goalkeeper to make it difficult for him to come out and collect and if we had defended it better Sutton wouldn't have had such an easy job heading in the goal.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

No big deal in the end.

Or why put seat numbers on tickets when the seat in question doesn't exist, which is what happened with my brother :lol:

Froxy should do better and get on with it for the first goal but it's not his fault both CBs were metres away from the unmarked Reilly.  Dowie actually resembled a footballer yesterday for the most part but he's the moaniest b*****d I have ever seen (and that includes Scott Chaplain).  Not what I'd be looking for in a captain.  I still think Hill and Barr is a better option than Dowie tbh.

I'd swap Roy for Walsh against Morton next week.

I would fucking red face 

Not really. Do u sit on your allocated seat at St. Mirren Park?

If someone was sitting in my season ticket seat, I’d make them move.

I certainly prefer sitting in un allocated seats at away games but Dumbarton should’nt have put seat numbers on the tickets if it was just to sit where you liked.

Archived