Saints v Sons

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 0-2

Wasn't at the game but that's a really good result against a team we've struggled against over the past few seasons.

Seem to be grinding out wins at the moment... which is always a good sign. Also good to see big John Sutton back on the scoresheet again.

Falkirk next week should be fun.

Great result considering how hard we've found it at Dumbarton before. Delighted to beat a team with plenty of Rae's Rejects in it, had been terrified all week that Hutton would score from 40 yards (at the correct end).

John Sutton :wub:

Foul on froxy

Been quite a decent half actually. Hutton causing a Yer Da riot in the St Mirren end being a personal highlight.

If we can keep on creating chances I'm confident a goal will come. Whether or not we can keep Saints out at the other end however remains to be seen.

Two clueless posts.

3 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Two clueless posts.

What was all the shouting at Hutton all about when McGinn fouled him?

Ironically enough, Hutton was our best midfielder today. He was slightly better and the other guys were all quite off it.

3 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

What was all the shouting at Hutton all about when McGinn fouled him?

Ironically enough, Hutton was our best midfielder today. He was slightly better and the other guys were all quite off it.

Totally agree. Dowie had his best game too imo and was probably in with a decent shot of being MOTM. Fair play to Hutton though, I slag him routinely, but he was right up for it today and even played 2 (TWO!) left footed passes.

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Two clueless posts.

We did keep creating chances. Unfortunately we then found new and exciting ways to miss them. The St Mirren Da's (especially the bloke who looks like a slightly rounder Paul Lambert) were pouring seethe absolutely all over the shop. Never in all my life have I been riled enough by something on a football pitch that I've felt the need to run down the front and shake my fists at it. Not sure which of the two points you disagree with.

Switching back to us, two things that really cheered me up today. Nade coming into the stand to give the weans the Show Racism the Red Card T-shirts. Love that. Those wee guys will probably treasure them, and hopefully it's the sort of gesture that will encourage them to come back. Secondly the half-time ten second challenge. Again getting more young folk (Jesus, I'm 20, I sound ancient here) hopefully interested in the club.

Kudos to whoever organised both.

Deserved win in the end but Dumbarton came out in the second half and probably should’ve scored.

We missed a few great opportunities in the first half, could’ve made it a bit more comfortable.

Good day at the office, 3 points and still top of the league.

We'll play worse than that and pick up points.

Big difference between the 2 teams was sharpness. St Mirren were just that bit quicker to the 2nd ball and were closing us down further up the park. Our chances were going just past the post or just over the bar rather than testing the keeper where St Mirren took their chances really well. I thought we were culpable for the St Mirren opener - we stopped playing looking for what would have been a very soft foul on Froxylias. We need to play to the referee's whistle.St Mirren clearly had the better chances - we did well clearing off the line quite early in the first half - but we were competitive for much of the game. We just couldn't get enough on the St Mirren keeper.

It was an entertaining game despite the result. Solid performance from Boomer, an improved performance from Kyle Hutton and I thought Stewart worked really well. His movement was decent and he was getting into some good positions. I don't think Froxy had a good game today. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

FT 0-2

Wasn't at the game but that's a really good result against a team we've struggled against over the past few seasons.

Seem to be grinding out wins at the moment... which is always a good sign. Also good to see big John Sutton back on the scoresheet again.

Falkirk next week should be fun.

No grinding today. Open game (for a change against the Sons) but we were better all over the park although they were half decent. Froxy by far their best player.

Just now, NorthBank said:

No grinding today. Open game (for a change against the Sons) but we were better all over the park although they were half decent. Froxy by far their best player.

I actually thought he had a nightmare today. And I'm total fanboy of his.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I actually thought he had a nightmare today. And I'm total fanboy of his.

His crossing was good and he rarely wasted a ball. Must be some player if that was his worst game. And I thought Hutton was rubbish although Sons fans seem to think he was good.

Just now, NorthBank said:

His crossing was good and he rarely wasted a ball. Must be some player if that was his worst game. And I thought Hutton was rubbish although Sons fans seem to think he was good.

That was comfortably his worst game for us. Granted he's had some belters, but today he looked scared to take a man on at times, and his finishing was pretty wasteful. He was also partially at fault for your opener. 

Judging Hutton on his previous appearances for us he looked a different player today. He actually tackled people for one, and his passing was, for the most part, pretty tidy. I mean he still gets turned far too easily, and is far from mobile, but he did well today otherwise.

Archived