Saints v Sons

Been quite a decent half actually. Hutton causing a Yer Da riot in the St Mirren end being a personal highlight.

If we can keep on creating chances I'm confident a goal will come. Whether or not we can keep Saints out at the other end however remains to be seen.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Been quite a decent half actually. Hutton causing a Yer Da riot in the St Mirren end being a personal highlight.

If we can keep on creating chances I'm confident a goal will come. Whether or not we can keep Saints out at the other end however remains to be seen.

Not at the game but the stats suggesting that there's not a lot been created by Dumbarton in the first half.

Capture.JPG.1fa972ed0bc2ce184d337c810e2150bf.JPG

Special bus load of Da's in the Saintees end. Lot of rage over very little.

Not been out of it by any means. Dowie tore Jimmy up for going down too easy before their goal and I'd agree.

Next goals the winner

It's been a good game. Chances at both ends. St Mirren looking sharper and quicker to close us down. Never a foul on Froxy and it's our own fault we seemed to stop before the cross came over.

We're still in the game and haven't let the heads go down after the goal. A couple of players are looking quite good out there. Stewart is doing a power of work with his movement up front. Hutton hasn't been bad today. Walsh has done well. Barr has made some important challenges.

Not a whole lot in this today

Not at the game but the stats suggesting that there's not a lot been created by Dumbarton in the first half.
Capture.JPG.1fa972ed0bc2ce184d337c810e2150bf.JPG

Twice Froxy's curled just wide, and Nadé absolutely blazed a great chance when he was free in the area. Mango also sent a free header wide, and Stewart was denied by Baird (I think) as he weaved into a decent position.

What we have failed to do is seriously test Samson. He made a decent save from a goalbound Froxy effort, but that's really been it.

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Total bollox, must be at the wrong game, st mirren lucky to be ahead, at least 5 good chances for sons

BBC Sportsound reporter saying St. Mirren dominant and Dumbarton still have potential to be dangerous.

Archived