Saints v Sons

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It'll be fascinating to see which 'keeper he goes with. I've been a big defender of Scott Gal, but Jaz earned his place last week, and Stevie was certainly full of praise for him.

I thought Jazz done well enough last week initally but on watching the highlights back I'm not so sure. There are 3 or 4 crosses he should be coming for and he was hesitant and made a couple of poor decisions. He admitted himself he was miles off the pace but enjoyed being back in goals. I honestly don't think Gallacher will be dropped until we get another keeper in, which I hope is sooner rather than later.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Dougie Hill out for us which is a bit of a b*****d. Suppose it means Mango Barr drops back into defence but I think we'd all rather he was partnering Hill than Dowie.  I expect this line up:

Gallacher

Wardrop - Dowie - Barr - McLaughlin

Hutton - Wilson

Froxylias - Stewart - Walsh

Nade

That central midfield two gives me the fear against the likes of McGinn but we don't have any other players so that's what it will be.  I think I'm glad I'm missing it, I don't have a great feeling at all about this.

Should nivvur huv let Garry Fleming go, but.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I can't see us winning this. 21 points after the first quarter would be dream territory, not at all like the nightmare that supporting Saints has mainly been since 2014.

Even allowing for Gallagher in goal Hutton in midfield and not forgetting Tom Walsh who is a nice footballer, but a total shitehawk.:rolleyes:

Was up Dumbarton castle today and enjoyed splendid panoramic views of stadium and pitch is looking in fine fettle so let the battle commence.  I do seriously worry that Walsh will be out to impress and is guaranteed to tear us a new 1 and with Froxylias supplying Nade we are guaranteed to lose a goal from a set piece/corner.  St mirren score win 2/1.

Does anyone know if we have sold out our allocation? ?

Dougie Hill being out is a blow as it means the diddy that is Andy Dowie has to start. It does however mean that Barr will have to play centre half where he's far more comfortable and it means we wont be pairing the diddy that is Hutton alongside a defensive minded centre mid.

If Reilly fancies it he will have a field day against Dowie.

10 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It does however mean that Barr will have to play centre half where he's far more comfortable and it means we wont be pairing the diddy that is Hutton alongside a defensive minded centre mid.

Is Carswell out? 

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Is Carswell out? 

Yes, recovering from a nose operation after Andy Webster and Mark Docherty took turns in smashing it last season. We've really missed him. In fact I'd say our best 3 centre midfielders have been out all season in Carswell, Grant Gallagher and Danny Handling.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yes, recovering from a nose operation after Andy Webster and Mark Docherty took turns in smashing it last season. We've really missed him. In fact I'd say our best 3 centre midfielders have been out all season in Carswell, Grant Gallagher and Danny Handling.

To be fair it's the only thing Webster hit last season.

And even then it's not that much of an achievement, the boy has some size of snib.

Dougie Hill being out is a blow as it means the diddy that is Andy Dowie has to start. It does however mean that Barr will have to play centre half where he's far more comfortable and it means we wont be pairing the diddy that is Hutton alongside a defensive minded centre mid.

If Reilly fancies it he will have a field day against Dowie.

Didn't realise he was still around if it's the same one that played with Stranraer i think? all them years ago.

Reilly scored last week for the first time in a while, albeit in the Fizzy Cup, hopefully gives him a bit of confidence.

Didn't realise he was still around if it's the same one that played with Stranraer i think? all them years ago.

Reilly scored last week for the first time in a while, albeit in the Fizzy Cup, hopefully gives him a bit of confidence.

It is indeed.

Joined us from Queen of the South where he was well liked. Has been shite for us and spends 90% of the time scowling and moaning at his team mates, with no real right to do so when he himself is being turned inside out on a regular basis.

Dowie, Gallacher and Hutton have been poor signings. All 3 of them will start today.

Archived