Saints v Sons

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case any Buddies aren't aware, this is all ticket. Apologies for the crazy prices as we capitalise on the Paisley pound. www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3255

£22 a ticket? That's got to be a joke. To watch a part time team? I know football is overpriced as it is but that's robbery that the Easdales would be proud of

£22 a ticket? That's got to be a joke. To watch a part time team? I know football is overpriced as it is but that's robbery that the Easdales would be proud of

You'll be watching football...the employment status of our players is irrelevant

And because we're just a wee diddy part time team...you'll surely pump us...which makes it totally value for money??

3 hours ago, mylothedog said:

I'm not for a minute going to defend us, but this is an argument I've never really understood. Do the likes of Saints, Dundee United and Dunfermline drop their prices when they are playing us? Nope.

It's a Scottish Championship game. Whether Stuart Carswell has done a shift on the railways, or David Smith a day coaching young people the day before is totally irrelevant.

Has it been 22 quid entry for all away teams so far this season? Or are your board just anticipating a large away support again similar to the 2-2 game last season  and bumped the prices up to maximise intake from us poor buddies? Decent business sense if that's the case but a bit shit nonetheless. 

Has it been 22 quid entry for all away teams so far this season? Or are your board just anticipating a large away support again similar to the 2-2 game last season  and bumped the prices up to maximise intake from us poor buddies? Decent business sense if that's the case but a bit shit nonetheless. 

It's 20 quid but it was announced at the start of the season that "all ticket" matches would be 22.

All ticket depends on how many are expected to travel, advice provided by the away club I believe.

Either way the price is shocking and I'd love to see St Mirren fans telling them where to ram it, along with Dumbarton fans for that matter.

I'm not for a minute going to defend us, but this is an argument I've never really understood. Do the likes of Saints, Dundee United and Dunfermline drop their prices when they are playing us? Nope.
It's a Scottish Championship game. Whether Stuart Carswell has done a shift on the railways, or David Smith a day coaching young people the day before is totally irrelevant.

We paid £18 to get into that shit hole in Greenock.

So we are paying and additional £4 for a seat and a roof, sounds like a bargain.

I guess it's £22 a ticket because Saints are going well and will bring a big support. Probably sell it out in fact. People will be on here moaning saying it's a disgrace "making" people pay £22, but nobody is actually making anyone pay anything. If St.Mirren sell out their full allocation, then Dumbarton are quite right to charge what they want.

It's actually more shit for Dumbarton fans who aren't season ticket holders when you think about it.

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I like Dumbarton and their loyal fans they have had great success in recent years so dont mind paying £22. Its steep and a bit cheeky covering more than the price of setting such a system up. Its the fans who take their partner and kids to the game i feel sorry for. 

Indeed, I go to get away from mine!

Even if there are 1,000 Saints fans, that makes the club an extra £2,000.

Are things really so tight that they’d be willing to look money grabbing for the sake of 2 grand?

I doubt it’ll stop anyone from going but I’ve seen a few folk moaning about it.

I won’t be able to make it, but will be donating whatever ‘Sons TV’ costs :-).

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Even if there are 1,000 Saints fans, that makes the club an extra £2,000.

Are things really so tight that they’d be willing to look money grabbing for the sake of 2 grand?

I doubt it’ll stop anyone from going but I’ve seen a few folk moaning about it.

I won’t be able to make it, but will be donating whatever ‘Sons TV’ costs :-).

I believe the away end can stretch to around 800-850 depending on hospitality uptake, so we're not even making as much as that. Are things really so tight? Yes, absolutely. Balloch Sons Fan has summed up the task our board faces in this league pretty well on the Sons sorrow thread but short of it is the crowds we currently pull in basically let us just about break even with the wages we need to pay (and running costs on top of that make it a pretty difficult balancing act).  I know only too well how much the club was struggling for money over the summer as the Trust had to carry out fundraisers to help with cash flow, if we can make extra cash in one weekend then I understand why the board do it. What the board perhaps don't understand is that whilst fans may grudgingly pay it now and again, paying sums like this week in week out is not very palatable and leads to resentment. That means the next time there's a fund raiser or we say we're short of cash fans scream "I pay top dollar every week and now you're asking for more?". There are misunderstandings on both sides of the argument and middle ground could be found IMO.

The St Mirren games weren't category A last season, were they? Just had a look on the website and found this

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2626

Some Saints fans are acting on Twitter like this is the first time this has happened, but they were actually fortunate last season (and the season before, assuming this is correct) that we haven't been charging them the big team tax so far.

56 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The St Mirren games weren't category A last season, were they? Just had a look on the website and found this

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2626

Some Saints fans are acting on Twitter like this is the first time this has happened, but they were actually fortunate last season (and the season before, assuming this is correct) that we haven't been charging them the big team tax so far.

Right then, if you're charging us "big team" admission we'll have none of the beating us malarkey! :whistle

Archived