Aberdeen v Killie

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another confused, disjointed performance. Good first twenty or so minutes, but we struggled after the Wilson substitution and Kilmarnock tweaked their formation.

Starting Maynard ahead of Christie was a strange decision, and one that didn't pay off - I haven't seen enough from Maynard to suggest that he is even an upgrade on Storey or Stockley yet. McInnes doesn't know his strongest XI, and that game won't have done much to help. For all our defence has taken some flak this season, the midfield was the main concern this afternoon - lacking balance, urgency and not creating nearly enough.  I can't recall us creating a single, clear-cut chance in the second half. McLean was poor again. Wright and Stewart were ineffectual for most of the game. Don't know what is going on with Logan this season, but he needs to snap out of it. 

Kilmarnock deserved their point. Jones and Greer were arguably the two most impressive players on the pitch. 

I think we're up to 14 defeats in a row against the Dons. Reckon this is the game we strangle a 0-0.

Almost right, maybe we can all dispense with the tiresome melodramatic masochism for next week. It's unbecoming.

Well that was utterly shit. Not one of our players had the drive and attitude to win that game. Did we think we just need to turn up and collect 3 points?

Very poor. Fair play to Killie. They deserved their draw and I'm guessing will be very happy with it.

I'm not. I'm raging. (mate)

Jones was superb today whilst we were mostly guff. Our midfield looked a shambles at times.

You guys had two bids knocked back for Jones, one about 10 days before deadline day & one on deadline day.... Straight from the horse's mouth.

Odd game. Not for the first time this season I thought after the first 15-20 minutes we were going to absolutely dominate the game. Went 1-0 up, well deserved and a great finish by May after some pretty suspect defending. Kilmarnock player goes down injured, they change their shape and it takes us until the last 20 minutes of the game to figure it out. They dominated the midfield for the second half of the first half and first half of the second. Deservedly equalised and it was no surprise to see Jones get the goal. Almost everything good that Killie did came through him.

From a Dons perspective I've been hesitant to criticise McLean but he was shocking today. I thought Stewart looked good mostly, wouldn't have started Maynard but he did OK and drew a fair few fouls. Wright is capable of brilliance but also of poor decision making, think we've got a real player on our hands though. And I thought that was the best I've seen Considine play this season. He seemed the only Dons player to really inject any urgency into our play.

Another dismal refereeing performance, not blaming the draw on him at all but he just made some utterly bizarre decisions. Wright got fouled and for some reason Wright ended up booked for it, at one point a Kilmarnock offside led to Killie getting a free kick, Wright again got penalised for being fouled, at the end of the game a Kilmarnock handball led to a Kilmarnock free kick and Maynard put in an absolutely perfectly timed tackle and somehow picked up a booking for it.

All in all a draw probably fair. I think we are getting some good bits of games but I think McInnes can't figure out how to utilise the attacking players at his disposal and we look disjointed all too often. Quite liked the kickoff routine, led to a corner after about ten seconds. Weird that we were playing the wrong way throughout the game, genuinely can't remember the last time we kicked towards the RDS in the first half. If we could play like we did for the first 20 minutes for a full match we would be a force to be reckoned with, there's definitely a lot to come from this team but equally I don't think this will be the last frustrating result.

When was the last time we dropped points in the league from a winning position? Feels like a long time ago.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Another dismal refereeing performance, not blaming the draw on him at all but he just made some utterly bizarre decisions. Wright got fouled and for some reason Wright ended up booked for it, at one point a Kilmarnock offside led to Killie getting a free kick, Wright again got penalised for being fouled, at the end of the game a Kilmarnock handball led to a Kilmarnock free kick and Maynard put in an absolutely perfectly timed tackle and somehow picked up a booking for it.

The decision against Rooney in stoppage time looked to be on the soft side, but I thought the referee got most things right. Both of our bookings were warranted; Wright's was for a clear display of dissent, and Maynard had his studs raised and caught O'Donnell on the follow-through. Kilmarnock's offside was called back because Arnason caught their player just after the ball was released. 

I thought defensively we looked solid. If it weren't for an unlucky deflection we would have won 1-0. Arnason and O'Connor looked good IMO, both with good distribution and solid defensive work. Jones did well for about 10 mins either side of half time, and caused Logan problems, inc goal. Stewart was shite. Wright wasn't much better but he's our own so he deserves much more time. GMS looked good when he came on. May was fine and Shinnie was Shinnie. McLean and Maynard were disappointing.

Guest Bob Mahelp

No real surprise.

The midfield has been disjointed since day one and McInnes doesn't have a clue about our best team or formation. His incessant tinkering with the team helps nobody and only causes frustration.

Ironically, the only one thing hasn't tried is to drop the hopeless McLean. Everybody else has been moved here, there and everywhere to make sure McLean can fit into some useless  position round about the centre circle and merrily watch as the game passes him by.

That's the bottom 6 out of the way, and we've struggled. The next 6 weeks will be revealing.

Dismal stuff yesterday and the correct outcome to the game. We still don't know our best team.

Yesterday was our likely best back four and we looked relatively decent defensively. The midfield however was abject. Shinnie has been off the boil big time and anyone moaning about him not getting called up for Scotland next time needs their head checked. McLean continues to flatter to deceive. Scott Wright looked short of confidence after a tough afternoon at Murrayfield but he's young so that will happen. Greg Stewart was very poor yesterday and Maynard really struggles to make an impact on games.

Our best player Ryan Christie needs to consistently play his best position of behind the striker.

Kilmarnock well worthy of the point. Greer was outstanding and he had a good influence on Findlay beside him. But Jordan Jones was my man of the match yesterday. Bright, inventive, direct and positive with his play. Superb display from a player who surely will be destined for better things.

Dismal stuff yesterday and the correct outcome to the game. We still don't know our best team.

Yesterday was our likely best back four and we looked relatively decent defensively. The midfield however was abject. Shinnie has been off the boil big time and anyone moaning about him not getting called up for Scotland next time needs their head checked. McLean continues to flatter to deceive. Scott Wright looked short of confidence after a tough afternoon at Murrayfield but he's young so that will happen. Greg Stewart was very poor yesterday and Maynard really struggles to make an impact on games.

Our best player Ryan Christie needs to consistently play his best position of behind the striker.

Kilmarnock well worthy of the point. Greer was outstanding and he had a good influence on Findlay beside him. But Jordan Jones was my man of the match yesterday. Bright, inventive, direct and positive with his play. Superb display from a player who surely will be destined for better things.

Agree with Jones. Every time he had the ball I was worried. He managed to turn Logan 360 degrees in the wrong direction at the edge of the box at one point.

Archived