Little victories

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

When I was 18 I was a bit careless when it came to parking in Glasgow city centre, I got a number of fines and didn't pay them. 

Anyway, one day 2 "sheriff officers" aka debt collectors from some shady Glasgow company turned up at my door and got my Dad. Upon asking him if he was "Johnny Däpp" he said yes and the issued him with the list of fines and how much i owed. My dad quickly realised that this was for me and not him (we have the same name), he explained this to the "officers" who demanded the paperwork back, my auld man held it back when they tried to snatch it and told them to f**k off. 

Anyway, cut a long story short. I went to the police to make a complaint that they caused humiliation by breaking the data protection act. A letter was later received issuing an apology and the £900 wrote off. 

f**k Glasgow city council :thumsup2

Another Walter Mitty tale.

Either they would have been council tickets and they wouldn't have sent round a random debt collection company so you would have had to pay, or they weren't council tickets in which case your "f**k Glasgow city council" comment is a bit stupid as they couldn't care less.

Last week I was waiting for the green man to cross the road, only for a middle aged guy to walk up and give me a condescending look as if to say "ha, look at you waiting here like an amateur when you could be cool like me, walking out like a real man".

Cue a car flying around the corner and having to slam on the brakes, with said guy glued to the middle of the road like a rabbit frozen in the headlights, missed by inches. Seconds later, the lights go red, green man flashes up and I get to assist the guy who has entered the shakey leg stage of shock and genuinely on the verge of tears.

My bus then comes (which I've evidently timed to perfection), at which point I'm convinced the guy will live and I leave him in the capable hands of a seething driver as I waltz onto my scum wagon, proud in the knowledge that I'd done Mr Tufty and the rest of club proud that day.

9 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

When I was 18 I was a bit careless when it came to parking in Glasgow city centre, I got a number of fines and didn't pay them. 

Anyway, one day 2 "sheriff officers" aka debt collectors from some shady Glasgow company turned up at my door and got my Dad. Upon asking him if he was "Johnny Däpp" he said yes and the issued him with the list of fines and how much i owed. My dad quickly realised that this was for me and not him (we have the same name), he explained this to the "officers" who demanded the paperwork back, my auld man held it back when they tried to snatch it and told them to f**k off. 

Anyway, cut a long story short. I went to the police to make a complaint that they caused humiliation by breaking the data protection act. A letter was later received issuing an apology and the £900 wrote off. 

f**k Glasgow city council :thumsup2

Except they hadn't breached the data protection act, the only offence here is you breaching the truth.

How's the Mrs?

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Last week I was waiting for the green man to cross the road, only for a middle aged guy to walk up and give me a condescending look as if to say "ha, look at you waiting here like an amateur when you could be cool like me, walking out like a real man".

Cue a car flying around the corner and having to slam on the brakes, with said guy glued to the middle of the road like a rabbit frozen in the headlights, missed by inches. Seconds later, the lights go red, green man flashes up and I get to assist the guy who has entered the shakey leg stage of shock and genuinely on the verge of tears.

My bus then comes (which I've evidently timed to perfection), at which point I'm convinced the guy will live and I leave him in the capable hands of a seething driver as I waltz onto my scum wagon, proud in the knowledge that I'd done Mr Tufty and the rest of club proud that day.

alvin.jpg.41dfc910832ede671b2abb791eada8df.jpg

Lies. If the debt was taken on by a recovery agent, they would only have a sum to pursue, not a list of fines that led to it.

Lies. Your dad identified himself as the person at the address associated with the debt, then after receipt of info he then stated otherwise. No breach of data protection took place.

In summary, lies.

In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded
I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo!
I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter career. He said, "You jammy b*****d" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now f**k off!

Hot wifie at the garage checking her tyres over. Parked nearby waiting to do mine.

She spends ages bending over checking them all them must've put about a tenner in as after perving I then get enough free air to do mine.

Either that or she got creeped out and fucked off. Nope definitely not that. 

:lol:

Compensation for a breach of DPA is made on the basis of damage caused, they don't just throw money at someone for "disclosing financial stuff".

£900 for parking fines plus costs in 2004 is clearly shite as well.

The thing with lies is they become complicated and you're clearly to thick to be a decent liar. Just stop.

On 9/17/2017 at 15:53, mizfit said:

I used to love sending people in the wrong direction.

Would be standing 2 minutes from Bells sport centre and I'd send them down the road to inveralmond roundabout for no other reason than boredom.

Then I grew up

Get much trade there? :P

8 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

It was 10 fines that were £60 but discounted to £30 if paid within 28 days and rise to £90 if not paid within a certain amount of time. Obviously all 10 rose to £90  

I had a shitty summer trying to get a job and got a number of tickets in Glasgow city centre when I was at job interviews or at job agencies. Was naive as f**k and thought I'd get away with it, I did out of extraordinary circumstances but that really should not have happened and I should've got fucked for it back then. On the other hand, I did also have my car listed and impounded 3 times between 2004 and 2005, something like £100 for the collection and impound charge plus the £30 ticket, had to pay it before I got the car back... I really was a right tit back then.

Anyway, it's safe to say I've not had a single parking ticket since then. 

Also, why you insistent on my lying? f**k me I wouldn't see the point of making this shite up :lol: 

You are quoting current parking penalty rates, but your heartwarming coming of age story is set in 2004. Are you therefore suggesting parking rates have not increased in the last 13 years?

You are all over the place here and for what? To repeat a lie someone else told and you thought sounded cool?

The truth will set you free.

Archived