Crohn's disease

pandarilla

Anyone on here got it? Or close to someone who does?

I thought there was a thread already out there, but if there is I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I'm just about to start tpn feeding for the first time which is quite a big change in my lifestyle. Basically feeding me nutrition directly into the vein (missing out the problematic digestive system).

Anyone got any experience of this? I'm (literally) shiting myself.

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That's hardly one of your most sympathetic responses, Throbbs.

He's worried that all these years of Wetherspoons abuse is going to catch up with him.

@throbber, I think crohns isn't related to lifestyle.  You are far more likely to develop obesity related conditions, liver disease or, in your case, a fatal dose of AIDS.

Will you always have to go to hospital for this or is there some way to get you hooked up at home? 

No they train you up and get you home on it. You just have to manage the stuff, hook yourself up at night, and be very careful about infection.

Once I get the proper line in (hopefully today but I've been waiting since Friday) - I'll have to be trained for two weeks before getting out.

Sorry to hear m8 but my good friends sister has it, she has to wear a bag. She's very comfortable with it, nobody sees it (except her husband) and she's very positive and happy with her life.

Yeah I've been the same since I was 13. I'm chuffed it's working out for your sister.

Just now, pandarilla said:

No they train you up and get you home on it. You just have to manage the stuff, hook yourself up at night, and be very careful about infection.

Once I get the proper line in (hopefully today but I've been waiting since Friday) - I'll have to be trained for two weeks before getting out.

Lichtie23 would give you all the advice you need. He's a Doctor in the Dia..dei... He works in the canteen.

Best of luck pandy. Wifes maw had crohns but she was a defeatist old bugger who let it get the better of her. Although I would never wish it on you or anyone else for that matter, the docs gave her a temporary stoma bag and she was in the best condition that I had ever seen her. The wife has ulcerative colitis which is slightly similar but loads of medication keeps it under control.

Archived