Sign in to follow this  
loco de futbol

Onthank AFC

To all the Ayrshire supporters. Are Onthank AFC  any good this year compared to the top Ayrshire teams?

Edited by loco de futbol

For me they would be a fighting it out for 4/5 in the Prem . On a par with the young hurlford and that's down to 2/3 players. No disrespect but they haven't added much more compared to last seasons team that struggles so much

cadlad    38

We have added more than 2/3 mate and all additions have improved the squad in my opinion. The prem is where we want to get to and hopefully if things go well this season we can test ourselves against the best in Ayrshire. But that's the furthest thing from our minds. The next game is as far as I think and that's what we want the players to think about as well. Will be a very tough league this year but our aim is to get out it. 2 very tough cup games coming up and then back to league business. All the best for the season lads.

1 hour ago, the blues said:

Why you ask mate 

Look through all the results and rumours are they are building a right good side.. Just wondering how they would compare with the best if in the premier!

The Mouth    22
1 hour ago, loco de futbol said:

To all the Ayrshire supporters. Are Onthank AFC  any good this year compared to the top Ayrshire teams?

Either a hares player or a motherwell thistle player i presume?

2 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Either a hares player or a motherwell thistle player i presume?

1 hour ago, the blues said:

Why you ask mate 

Look through all the results and rumours are they are building a right good side.. Just wondering how they would compare with the best if in the premier!

Wrong on both counts lol.. Just being nosey ;-)

Kaboom    31

Only weakness I see in the team is the defence when tested against better teams. Still a good solid team, they will outscore most opponents, which will help as i said defence not great in my opinion.

Gman91184    79
Only weakness I see in the team is the defence when tested against better teams. Still a good solid team, they will outscore most opponents, which will help as i said defence not great in my opinion.

If they outscore most opponents it won't just help , it guarantees a victory in most games mate

Dindeleux    3,292

I've watched them twice and in terms of effort, team spirit and togetherness they are as good as I've seen in the last year or so.

That's not to say that they aren't good at football either, because they are and they try to play the right way. The application though is what will set them apart, I think they would run through walls for each other.

Kaboom    31
4 hours ago, Gman91184 said:

If they outscore most opponents it won't just help , it guarantees a victory in most games mate emoji23.png

Hence why I said they need to as their defence not the best lol. 

Nipples    106
2 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Hence why I said they need to as their defence not the best lol. 

Even the best defence in the world needs their team to outscore their opponents to win games. 

Caddis and Connell would improve any team. Both Scottish cups winners so good additions on that front. As too the defence comments I think are a tad harsh ha ha they look like a team who enjoy playing together and team spirit is a massive thing in amateur footy in my opinion. Will be interesting to see how this year maps out for them

cadlad    38

To be fair to our defence. Will be lucky if we have had same back four twice through injuries work holidays etc. Plus the boys take everything in and are improving defensively every game. Can't ask for anymore