Championship Worst XI and where would they finish in this league

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Seedorf is far worse than Watson im sure we agree. OP needs updated

I actually don't mind Watson, but given a couple of Bairns had suggested him I thought I'd go for it.

I'll fire him onto the bench alongside Isaac Layne and punt Seedorf in at RB. Inverness are looking pretty dominant so far in this.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I actually don't mind Watson, but given a couple of Bairns had suggested him I thought I'd go for it.

I'll fire him onto the bench alongside Isaac Layne and punt Seedorf in at RB. Inverness are looking pretty dominant so far in this.

Updated. Still looking for a centre-mid to partner Kyle Hutton, and a right-winger to supply Shepherd and Zschusschen.

38 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Mark Kerr? 

Good shout. Seems (and looks) utterly finished.

23 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

So far for us Alex Cooper hasn't even been that bad. Donaldson has n't really either, Elsdon has been 100x worse than him.

On account of looking hilariously out of his depth dealing with Ryan Stevenson early last season Donaldson is undroppable I'm afraid. Cooper will stay in the team until a better (worse) option is available. Elsdon could well displace M'Voto if there is a strong demand for it though. I've never seen him play, so I'll need to judge it based on public opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Never seen M'Voto but if he's worse than Elsdon that's hard to imagine :lol:

If you can get your hands on highlights from Raith Rovers 3-3 Brechin City in the playoffs last year you'll see why he's so highly, erm, rated.

To be fair, he did also get Raith's POTY I think - so it can't have been all bad. That performance alone deserves a place in this team however. 

Individually Watson and I suppose to an extent Gasparotto aren't too bad. However they are that terrible as a partnership they deserve to be in there.

As for a right winger surely Fraser Aird has to be worth a shout?

I don't think this guy ever played in the championship but, Car Wash Connell,he was wondrous ,I'm trying to think of a decent performance but alas.

Did you ever see the guys in London who jump in front of your car at traffic lights with sponges ,well that !!!

Individually Watson and I suppose to an extent Gasparotto aren't too bad. However they are that terrible as a partnership they deserve to be in there.

As for a right winger surely Fraser Aird has to be worth a shout?

Fraser Aird. Of course. How could I forget he was contracted to a club in this league.

6 hours ago, Scosha said:

Mark Kerr? 

On current form (and the stage of his career) he's in with a shout. But he was solid enough for us in his first year back and has played at a higher level. I'd say that rules him out of a worst ever XI. IMO, it should be players where this is the pinnacle of their career and they have utterly bombed. 

16 hours ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Sean Crighton at centre half. 

Alan Li... actually he's been really good for us this season (somehow).

Thought it was a mistake letting Crighton go and not Lithgow but Hopkin works his wonders again

Archived