The Relegation Rumble - DFC vs BCFC

Still gutted after that yesterday. That was the perfect opportunity to get off the mark against our fellow part timers. As has been said by both sets of fans, if we kept 11 men on the park we probably would have held on for the win. The introduction of Nadé did change things though.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Sad to hear some of our fans were trying to pick fights. But there is a small section of our support who could easy qualify for a place in the nut hoos. .
I was at a wedding and could nt make game but am gutted we ve chucked away 3pts if reports are anything to go by ... We can t win with 11 players on pitch so we re never gonna hold on with 10 . Happy to hear Buzz had a good game that ll shut Hedgie up emoji79.png .
Still another games passes and no striker scores for us ..

Some real seethers yesterday for sure. Couple of your chaps were as red as their Brechin shirt.

Every club has them.

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Sad to hear some of our fans were trying to pick fights. But there is a small section of our support who could easy qualify for a place in the nut hoos. .
I was at a wedding and could nt make game but am gutted we ve chucked away 3pts if reports are anything to go by ... We can t win with 11 players on pitch so we re never gonna hold on with 10 . Happy to hear Buzz had a good game that ll shut Hedgie up emoji79.png .
Still another games passes and no striker scores for us ..

Sometimes players need a kick up the backside when you know that they can do better. Speaking from the goalkeeper's union I know  how easy it is to criticize a keeper  but Buzz is a quality keeper as yesterday showed.  Glad he has acted on the criticism in a positive way and  regained a bit of form again. 

Didn't make the game but I feared the worst when Lynas was sent off. 

People saying David smith shouldn't be played as a winger again, bit ott if you ask me, yes it wasn't really a great game for many, but he did well playing on the wing after leaving Falkirk, and if fans remember, we were telling Falkirk fans not that long ago how wrong they were about him. Get off his back, did he not score at united? Some of the stuff shouted at aitken and the players is torture, we ain't managers, lift the team by all means, but leave the orders and tactics during the game to the playing/managerial staff

People saying David smith shouldn't be played as a winger again, bit ott if you ask me, yes it wasn't really a great game for many, but he did well playing on the wing after leaving Falkirk, and if fans remember, we were telling Falkirk fans not that long ago how wrong they were about him. Get off his back, did he not score at united? Some of the stuff shouted at aitken and the players is torture, we ain't managers, lift the team by all means, but leave the orders and tactics during the game to the playing/managerial staff

Don't know if your on the wind up. He did well at full back, not on the wing. If Wardrop missed a match for what ever reason I would be happy to see him play right back. On the wing he offers hard work and that's about it.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Sometimes players need a kick up the backside when you know that they can do better. Speaking from the goalkeeper's union I know  how easy it is to criticize a keeper  but Buzz is a quality keeper as yesterday showed.  Glad he has acted on the criticism in a positive way and  regained a bit of form again. 

Didn't make the game but I feared the worst when Lynas was sent off. 

If you want a 'keeper to moan about we'll do you a swap deal in January for Gallagher? :lol:

Thoughts on the game are:

we started really well, really pressed dumbarton, and should have been 2-0 up in the first 15 mins I'd need to see our goal again I've no idea how it ended up in the net but I think the Dumbarton keeper needs to do better! The shot blocked on the line from no other than hill ( had to be him) who was as solid as ever  As the half / game wore on dumbarton seemed to get to grips with the game if it wasn't for some fantastic goalkeeping from buzz (our motm) and some desperate defending we really could have went in at the break 2-1 down, 

second half started the same as the first half we came out the block and pinned dumbarton back dumbarton contained us really well in this stage while still being dangerous, then again after 15-20 mins into the second halfway tired, we got deeper and the goal seemed like it was coming, again buzz mad a couple of fantastic saves, the sending off I missed as I was at the toilet, but my cousin said it looked high , after that it was all dumbarton! The different this season between the two team will be squad depth, dumbarton are able to bring on nade Stewart and Hutton we haven't got players of that caliber on the bench, the enevitable happened with equaliser but was disappointed we didn't hold on for a point

im not the biggest Dodds fan but the last 2 weeks have been much better we competed well with established championship team as I've said I can take getting beat as long as we have a go

buzz sinclar dale where our standouts

Dunfermline next week, at least the games get easier ;) 

well done dumbarton 

55 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Thoughts on the game are:

we started really well, really pressed dumbarton, and should have been 2-0 up in the first 15 mins I'd need to see our goal again I've no idea how it ended up in the net but I think the Dumbarton keeper needs to do better! The shot blocked on the line from no other than hill ( had to be him) who was as solid as ever  As the half / game wore on dumbarton seemed to get to grips with the game if it wasn't for some fantastic goalkeeping from buzz (our motm) and some desperate defending we really could have went in at the break 2-1 down, 

second half started the same as the first half we came out the block and pinned dumbarton back dumbarton contained us really well in this stage while still being dangerous, then again after 15-20 mins into the second halfway tired, we got deeper and the goal seemed like it was coming, again buzz mad a couple of fantastic saves, the sending off I missed as I was at the toilet, but my cousin said it looked high , after that it was all dumbarton! The different this season between the two team will be squad depth, dumbarton are able to bring on nade Stewart and Hutton we haven't got players of that caliber on the bench, the enevitable happened with equaliser but was disappointed we didn't hold on for a point

im not the biggest Dodds fan but the last 2 weeks have been much better we competed well with established championship team as I've said I can take getting beat as long as we have a go

buzz sinclar dale where our standouts

Dunfermline next week, at least the games get easier ;) 

well done dumbarton 

Pretty fair assessment of the game.GS is an outstanding keeper but i think Brechin could do with a good striker as theyre too lightweight upfront.Still they have a reasonablevsquad assembled.It may take you a bit of time to adapt to this different league.Good luck next week.

The fact we re competing is great but yep a goalscorer would make a massive difference.. I m delighted with defence .Gonna need cover for midfield as Dale s picking up yellows weekly .. We still need to be in with a chance of staying up at Xmas. Then see where we go from there

6 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Some real seethers yesterday for sure. Couple of your chaps were as red as their Brechin shirt.

Every club has them.

What I would say is that the sending off led to some folk going off the scale seethe-wise.  Lynas's tackle on Wilson was  very badly timed and deserved a straight red but I really doubt he meant to 'do' the lad - his demeanour on leaving the pitch suggested he was annoyed with himself.  Those Brechin fans who applauded him off were IMO not condoning his actions or contesting the card, they were more suggesting 'get the head up son', you are not a thug.

However, some of our less perceptive fans, already incandescent with the scoreline and Sons performance, got the wrong end of the stick and went off on one; this led to some unfortunate verbals at full-time.  I really hope there is no carry-over when we visit one of my favourite Scottish grounds later in the season.

He wouldn't have scored it if Nade wasn't on the pitch and it was clear Nade's introduction changed the game for us (as well as the red card). If we want to kid on Aitken had some sort of tactical masterclass yesterday then I'm afraid I'm out.

I only asked who scored the goal. No masterclass was cited or implied.

What I would say is that the sending off led to some folk going off the scale seethe-wise.  Lynas's tackle on Wilson was  very badly timed and deserved a straight red but I really doubt he meant to 'do' the lad - his demeanour on leaving the pitch suggested he was annoyed with himself.  Those Brechin fans who applauded him off were IMO not condoning his actions or contesting the card, they were more suggesting 'get the head up son', you are not a thug.
However, some of our less perceptive fans, already incandescent with the scoreline and Sons performance, got the wrong end of the stick and went off on one; this led to some unfortunate verbals at full-time.  I really hope there is no carry-over when we visit one of my favourite Scottish grounds later in the season.

You're probably right but throwing yourself into such a tackle in the middle of the park is foolhardy to say the least - particularly when you are winning away from home. He fairly went through Wilson, intended or not.

Does anyone know the reason for the cold showers? Is this a regular occurrence? I'd have thought too that some sandwiches/rolls and a pot of tea would be pretty much standard. The cost price of 20 salad rolls for example would be covered by one adult's admission to the ground. Poor show if Darren Dods' complaint is true.

If he flew into a badly timed tackle I'd fully expect him to get fucks, c***s and buggers flung his way. Whether he meant it or not.

Nothing up with a bit of spice IMO. I'd be fairly astounded if it led to anything more than some colourful language and seethe during yesterday's game.

Froxy looks like he had a blinder in the highlights. I'd be going baws oot to get that deal extended asap.

That tackle for the red is an absolute shocker. Wilson literally crumples like an accordion with the impact of it.

Nade's 2 assists are top drawer as are the finishes from Stewart and Froxy.

The Brechin keeper pulled off a few wonder saves, looks like he could earn you a good few points this season. As for Scott Gallacher... wow. It's even worse than it was described to me. We simply cannot continue with him between the sticks.

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Froxy looks like he had a blinder in the highlights. I'd be going baws oot to get that deal extended asap.

That tackle for the red is an absolute shocker. Wilson literally crumples like an accordion with the impact of it.

Nade's 2 assists are top drawer as are the finishes from Stewart and Froxy.

The Brechin keeper pulled off a few wonder saves, looks like he could earn you a good few points this season. As for Scott Gallacher... wow. It's even worse than it was described to me. We simply cannot continue with him between the sticks.

@squeezeboxson, valid comparison?

Archived