Hibernian v Motherwell 16/09/17

MJC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Our defending so far this season has been brutal. Get Whittaker to f**k.

8 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Whittaker is a waste of a jersey.

Hopefully Bambers and Fraser will be along soon to clarify this.

Michael Smith with another good performance today, btw.

tfw.png

Absolute guff again. That first Motherwell goal was in the post all afternoon. When McGregor isn't playing, nobody takes responsibility for crosses, balls were flying past every Hibs defender to the back post all game. Nice finish for the equaliser but embarrassing defending before it.

Pretty impressed with Motherwell, worth a point at the very least. That Moult is a cracking player. I was a bit surprised/relieved they sat in for the last 5 and took the point. 

Unless we do something in the cups (#turmoil if we lose on Tuesday) it's gon' be a frustratingly mediocre season.

Fantastic point from another excellent second half display and if anything we can be a bit disappointed not to have taken all three as we were by far and away the better side in the second 45.

It's absolutely brilliant to have a team that you know will fight tooth and nail every single week and even at 2-0 down today you knew we weren't out of it.

Moult again today showed he was worth his weight in gold as even though he wasn't having his best game he is always capable of getting on the scoresheet and his second goal today was a superb effort.

If we could only sort out our first half performances we'd do very well this season, but this team has guts and that's hugely encouraging.

Bring on the Sheep double header!

On the pen, I thought we had a much stronger claim for one a few minutes before than the one that was given.

Stephen Robinson admitted the same in his post match interview.
Games on Alba at six so they might clear it up.

Lennon has absolutely ripped Marciano in the press as well. Always ends well that.

To be fair, his attempt at getting the ball for the first was utterly bizarre. Stokes is going to be utterly vital for us, if he stops scoring we're humped. Murray looks to have been found out already.

15 hours ago, Zing. said:

Paulo getting all excited because we drew with a team the yams lost against....

2a071652cb88c85a60c9adb80a8ffc5f.jpg

Away from home, m8.

The Yams just papped a team away from home that dished out a pumping to The Hobos at Fester Road lol.

4U0m6pP.png

15 hours ago, VanCityHibee said:

He's such a wee fanny :lol:

Did he not give up on Hearts? :lol:

Absolutely beeling. thf.png

8 hours ago, Zing. said:

Murray looks to have been found out already.

PowttJS.gif

I'd say that was a test passed yesterday - going 2 down (despite being well in the game) would have been the end of it for us last season but we are a totally different proposition now.  They handled a big crowd and an incompetent referee really well.

I said before the game that I was interested to see how Kipre did against a good striker in Stokes and the answer was - not very well. It was probably his poorest game for us, yet he still won a lot of headers and gave us some of the best entertainment of the day with his mazy at the end :wub: It does remind us to temper the hype about him a little bit and remember it was the 6th league game of his career...

On the other hand - Campbell looks worthy of any hype coming his way - stamped his authority on the midfield in a way that's beyond his years & experience (and again covered for Mchugh being mediocre by his high standards). Difficult to see how he can be dropped in this form.

Moult once again showed why we were right to insist on a high bid for him in the summer - he's worth actual money to us (via league placings, etc) being in the team and will be difficult to replace when he goes.

Hibs were odd yesterday - looked a decent team without ever being streets ahead of us - but completely downed tools after Stokes' second. I wonder if it was due to the fact that it would have been game over in the first division last year if they got a 2 goal lead. Strange to say as this was our problem over the past few years - but Hibs' fitness looked poor in the last 20 - there were a few that looked done while 'Well players were still doing 50 or 60 yard runs....I would expect that if we're back at Easter Rd later in the season when Hibs are used to playing at this level again, we wouldn't find it so easy to come back from 2 down....

Lastly - the strength of our squad was there to see again today - Tanner and Bigi changed the game in our favour when they came on - and to have 2 like that on the bench that can take advantage of tiring opponents was fantastic (and could have got us the 3 points in the end).

We couldn't be going into the Quarter final in better shape IMO....

Archived