Hibernian v Motherwell 16/09/17

MJC

Our first trip to Leith in a few years and we're going into it in good form so should make for an interesting 90 minutes. 

Hope to see Bigirimana start as he made a big impact on Saturday.

It'll be tough but I think we'll get a point here, 1-1 with Hibs scoring early on and looking like running over the top of us before we level it in the second half and finish the match the stronger side.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our first trip to Leith in a few years and we're going into it in good form so should make for an interesting 90 minutes. 
It'll be tough but I think we'll get a point here, 1-1 with Hibs scoring early on and looking like running over the top of us before we level it in the second half and finish the match the stronger side.

Guess you better enjoy the draw if it is, as going by your last post on the killie thread it means we are getting pumped by the dons in the next 2. Despite us, as you said we are going into this game in good form. 2-1 Well, based on the fact that accies we're capable of going to Easter road and winning and the confidence our team should be going into this in.

1 hour ago, well91 said:

Guess you better enjoy the draw if it is, as going by your last post on the killie thread it means we are getting pumped by the dons in the next 2. Despite us, as you said we are going into this game in good form. 2-1 Well, based on the fact that accies we're capable of going to Easter road and winning and the confidence our team should be going into this in.

You need to learn to let go man.

Anyway, it's going to be an interesting game, probably our hardest of the season so far. I don't think the Accies have done us any favours by turning Hibs over a few weeks ago, not sure Lennon will allow that same level of performance from his side again.

I think it'll tell us a lot of how far our new team have came from last season. For that reason I'm really looking forward to it.

Will be going along more in hope than expectation but wouldn't be a major shock to see us sneak a victory.

You were in Leith for a friendly length last year.

2 hours ago, well91 said:

If anything the Accies win there will work against us as has been said, it's unlikely Lennon will allow his side to turn in such a poor performance again hot on the heels of that one.

I've not seen much of Hibs other than highlights but they've got some more than decent players in Stokes, McGeoch, Murray etc who can hurt teams and Lennon obviously sets his sides up to be competitive and attack so this will be one tough game for us.

That said, I do believe we've got enough about us to get a point here so long as we keep our discipline and shape unlike the St.Johnstone game.

My last two trips to Easter Road were dynamite. The first one we won 3-2 after being 2 nil down thanks to a late Boab McHugh winner.

Then we went from 2-0 up to 3-2 down only for John Sutton to equalise and for my pals and I getting papped out of two pubs for mimicking his header.

I'm not going so probably 2-0 hibs.

I was ballboy for a game sitting in front of the east it was a fucking freezing cold November Saturday. We won 3-1 and Motherwell had an unbelievable heads gone and ended with 8 or 9 men with a huge handbags sesh that happened right in front of me.

Highlight of the game though was Dirk Lehmann being caught offside and me running onto the pitch with a nice crisp inside of the foot pass back to Nick Colgan.

10 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

Highlight of the game though was Dirk Lehmann being caught offside and me running onto the pitch with a nice crisp inside of the foot pass back to Nick Colgan.

Bobby Williamson signed players on less evidence than that to be fair.

That was in the 02/03 season. My lasting memory of that game was Grant Brebner being red carded for Hibs and Faddy standing behind him giving him the 'GIRUY' gesture behind his back when the red card was flashed.

We did indeed end that match with 8 players.

16 hours ago, MJC said:

That was in the 02/03 season. My lasting memory of that game was Grant Brebner being red carded for Hibs and Faddy standing behind him giving him the 'GIRUY' gesture behind his back when the red card was flashed.

We did indeed end that match with 8 players.

Ah the much vaunted 02/03 season, that everyone remembers we scudded Hearts and Livingston and thinks it was great, but forgets that we got battered pretty much every other week. 

25 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Ah the much vaunted 02/03 season, that everyone remembers we scudded Hearts and Livingston and thinks it was great, but forgets that we got battered pretty much every other week. 

I most enjoyed the fact that there seemed to be a 20-man rammy every week - great stuff. It was a weirdly enjoyable season considering we finished bottom....

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

And also beat Celtic and Rangers at home iirc. The Celtic home game being one of my favourite ever.

But yes, pumped rotten off everyone else.

Archived